Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2014 10:06:02 PM EDT
what do you think?

" />
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good. Also looks like it will stand out in your enviornment like a sore thumb. Did you not have a  darker shade paint to go on the lighter portion of your AR?

ETA: Did you do it yourself? or "professionally done?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:32:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I did it myself.  The lightest color is "light sand".  It looks a lot lighter than it really is due to lighting.  I'll see if I can get some pics in different lighting with different backgrounds.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 2:12:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Not gonna lie, the more I look at it, the more I see leopard print. Maybe its just me?  Yeah, let's see some more pictures in different backgrounds and what not.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:34:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not gonna lie, the more I look at it, the more I see leopard print. Maybe its just me?  Yeah, let's see some more pictures in different backgrounds and what not.
View Quote

Ya lol.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Could you guys post yours up so I can see what it is supposed to look like
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the lighter pattern, everyone has an idea of what's best, it looks better than the one on the right....and hell once its dirty from the S that HTF it will match the surroundings perfectly

Good job

On the wall picture the grey one stands out more
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's another thread

The "Nomad" is my favorite of all the kryptek.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Like I said, I think the environment and lighting makes a difference.  I also think the distance at which you view the finished product makes a great difference as well.  It seems like folks view camo paint jobs at arms length, which is not how they are meant to be viewed, unless of course you are attempting concealment from someone at arms length.
</a>" />
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks solid. The Kryptek pattern is growing on me. I ought to try it our sometime though I am a Krylon kind of guy...
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I think it looks good man. It does look a bit light but camera, lighting, background, etc. will all play into that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Kryptek works at >10m.  Up close is sharp and angular.  >10m, whatever has been krypteked melts.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 9:40:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Those lighter shades will work extremely well. Agree with the arms length comments. Lots of camo snobs don't understand camo. Let a whitetail walk by in any northeast environment, be it summer, lush and green, fall, orange and grey, or winter, white and dark green - if it stops moving, it often vanishes to the eye.

Not because it looks like a tree. Not because it looks like a leaf. Not because it looks like any object around it - simply because it doesn't look like a deer. The white spots, the lighter colors in the shaded areas fool the eye. That's how camo works - not direct color matches, not attempting to mimic shapes in the environment, simply by becoming not what it is.

Your larger pattern "kryptek" and high contrast light colors will work extremely well in the real world.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Those lighter shades will work extremely well. Agree with the arms length comments. Lots of camo snobs don't understand camo. Let a whitetail walk by in any northeast environment, be it summer, lush and green, fall, orange and grey, or winter, white and dark green - if it stops moving, it often vanishes to the eye.

Not because it looks like a tree. Not because it looks like a leaf. Not because it looks like any object around it - simply because it doesn't look like a deer. The white spots, the lighter colors in the shaded areas fool the eye. That's how camo works - not direct color matches, not attempting to mimic shapes in the environment, simply by becoming not what it is.

Your larger pattern "kryptek" and high contrast light colors will work extremely well in the real world.
View Quote

this....

it has been my experience that 90% of people who evaluate camo and concealment don't really grasp the need to break up, contrast, etc.  sure if you lay it on your lawn you can see it...  no shit...  i'm not trying to blend you into your lawn, lol.  i'm trying to blend you into the environment in which you'd like to work/hunt, etc.

couldn't agree with your statements more Axlnut.  you're spot on.

-michael
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm guessing you used a stencil... if so, whose?

I was a big Multicam fan, but after playing around with Kryptek I'm honestly beginning to think it's actually more effective. I KNOW Multicam was, at least in this area, so I'm impressed with Kryptek so far.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm guessing you used a stencil... if so, whose?

I was a big Multicam fan, but after playing around with Kryptek I'm honestly beginning to think it's actually more effective. I KNOW Multicam was, at least in this area, so I'm impressed with Kryptek so far.
View Quote

we cut them out on our laser cutter.

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 6:16:12 AM EDT
[#17]
I create and cut my own stencils as well. There wasn't anything out there that fit my needs.
I just created a Kryptek AR stencil with skulls in various spots, just a few skulls here and there. They blend in well with the Kryptek. I'm using it for my 556 Tactical build as soon as my receivers show up!

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#18]

The green one looks better imo.

White one is too white.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#19]
theres some footage of it being used here  you can see how it blends to the environment behind me
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:57:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The green one looks better imo.  

White one is too white.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Gotta agree, unless you want to be seen
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#21]
As long as you like it that's the only person that really counts. By the way  it looks great to me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I create and cut my own stencils as well.
View Quote

I know, we emailed today...
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 1:25:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I think it looks great.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#24]
What program did you use to create the stencils? Looking to Kryptek one of my rifles. I just got a cutter for stencils and am looking for patterns to import (if your not painting commercially).
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 4:59:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What program did you use to create the stencils? Looking to Kryptek one of my rifles. I just got a cutter for stencils and am looking for patterns to import (if your not painting commercially).
View Quote

we use cutstudio software for our roland GX-24 plotter cutter.  there lots out there, and while it is rudimentary on some levels, it works pretty well most of the time.  some aspects are a bit cumbersome when trying to manipulate all the cut points, but otherwise it works fast, doesn't have hiccups, and isn't a huge program to snag space...
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Here is my most recent Kryptek-ish job. Its with duracoat.
I also had to make my own stencils.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Just finished this stencil a couple days ago:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top