Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Forgot to give a run down of the parts on this build...
Seekins forged lower with various make springs pins mag catch ( whatever I had in my spare parts bin)
Aero precision forged upper
Timney 3lb skeletonized trigger
Bad Ass safety
KNS anti rotation pins
B5 grip
B5 trigger guard
Magpul MOE rifle stock
KIES Nib bolt carrier
BCM mod4 charging handle
Lothar Walther 20" VarTac barrel with matched bolt
Diamondhead 13.5" VRS-T hand guard
Troy low profile gas block
Spike melonite rifle gas tube
unknown brand flash hider (again from my parts bin)
Fortis SHIFT vertical grip
Larue LT104
Redfield Revolution 3-9x50
Magpul Pmag
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#2]
NICE JOB op .................thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:58:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice job. I'm considering doing this to one of my rifles as well. Can you give me any insight on how much material you used to do everything and what kit you got?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:09:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought my kit from Dip Wizard, one roll will do a whole gun.  With that said, I would order an extra roll of film in the same pattern your using.  One roll would have done mine, but I screwed up a couple times.  One tip is to make sure your container is barely bigger than your film.  If the container is too big the film will disburse to an unusable state when you spray activator on it.  I did not use tape around my edges, and just had the container about 1/2" bigger than my film.  If you run out of paint it is just rustoleum X2.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:45:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Great info!!
That explains the vidoes where they put "dams" in place to contain the film...thank you for the insight.... Cheers

Edited for the stupid azzhats that want to auto correct my American spelling.....x2 summsssbeothhhcees
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally got a better camera!  (Now the operator needs a little practice )

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, how tough is the finish?
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 2:34:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Seems very tough.  I am sure over time the points that rub or are in constant contact with your hands will wear. Only time will tell that.  The finish is going to be only as good as the clear coat though.  I used the rustoleum X2 clear in matte, if you sprayed an automotive clear over it it would probably be tougher though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 5:27:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Very slick OP!
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finally got a better camera!  (Now the operator needs a little practice )

View Quote

TOTALLY DIFFERENT, LOOKS GREAT
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top