Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 5:05:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's a link to a place that has multicam.
http://www.camo4u.com/cgi-bin/edit/camo4u/camo4u/dbdata/qs_camo4u?UserList=listings&UserKeys=shotgun+kit+&M=10

Gunskins.com said they've discontinued their multicam pattern. They said they're working with Crye for an officially licensed multicam pattern or something like that. I emailed them about four months ago.

I would recommend waiting to see what happens. Their old multicam pattern is shrunk down from 60" to fit on an 8" piece of vinyl which looks a little goofy imo and decreases it's effectiveness as camouflage. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:01:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I found some kryptek patterns at US night vision for $15 a square foot. Shipping is dirt cheap too.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:36:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Guess I don't have to paint my ar10tc now.

Will be ordering.

Thanks op

Txl
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I did my C39 AK pistol in ATACS-LE Gunskins a few weeks ago. It came out well, and I'll add with more photos later. But for now, here's a few photos I took with my cell phone.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:18:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely looking into this and like the idea and great price point. Anyone else remove their gun skin after using it for a while and notice any issues? I figure it provides pretty good protection but wasn't sure if moisture buildup would be a problem. Rain or hot to cold situations. Same thing with lubing the gun is there anything to watch out for or make note of? Just looking into it so I may have over looked any info on it. Figured Id ask you gentlemen.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely looking into this and like the idea and great price point. Anyone else remove their gun skin after using it for a while and notice any issues? I figure it provides pretty good protection but wasn't sure if moisture buildup would be a problem. Rain or hot to cold situations. Same thing with lubing the gun is there anything to watch out for or make note of? Just looking into it so I may have over looked any info on it. Figured Id ask you gentlemen.
View Quote

Yep, I've removed the Gunskins from an entire AR-15. It's the first one in this thread. The ATACS-AU colors weren't quite "right". I worked with the owner of Gunskins to correct the colors and then he sent me a new ATACS-AU kit, which I installed on that AR. The Gunskins was very easy to remove and there were no issues at all - no residue left behind which I was very surprised of.

I have used a couple of Gunskins-wrapped rifles in the rain and there's been no issues.

Other than the product taking some experience to do a really good job with the installation, I've been very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder how this would work on a bow..... More importantly which of those kits I'd need.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:06:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wonder how this would work on a bow..... More importantly which of those kits I'd need.
View Quote

Contact Kevin at Gunskins  and ask him if they've put their product on a bow....
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Those that have removed Gunskins, what if anything, did you do before hand? Reheat with a heat gun? Soak in hot water? Etc. I want to remove it from some oem carbine HGs.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Those that have removed Gunskins, what if anything, did you do before hand? Reheat with a heat gun? Soak in hot water? Etc. I want to remove it from some oem carbine HGs.
View Quote

Just pull it off.

You can heat it with a blowdryer if you want but that will also make it more stretchy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:01:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Just pull it off.

You can heat it with a blowdryer if you want but that will also make it more stretchy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just pull it off.

Reason I asked, was what little I have pulled off so far, was a mofo to get off. Tended to peel off in very small pieces.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top