Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked Cerakote Picture Thread (Page 17 of 17)
Page / 17
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Just finished this for a customer yesterday.. Brand new Springfield Echelon getting the Ral-8000 Cerakote treatment.

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By muta4warrior:
Just finished this for a customer yesterday.. Brand new Springfield Echelon getting the Ral-8000 Cerakote treatment.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106757/20230723_203431-2896188.jpg
View Quote

I’m already fighting myself on buying an Echelon. Then you had to go and do this.

Looks great!
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Finished these 2 for myself..

Gun Metal Grey, started out as a surplus gun.

Sig Dark Grey, was a former LE simmunition pistol that was painted all blue.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:02:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

I’m already fighting myself on buying an Echelon. Then you had to go and do this.

Looks great!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106757/20230723_203431-2896188.jpg

Looks great!

You are really going to hate me now... lol

Here is another customers Echelon I did today in Midnight Bronze.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#5]

You are really going to hate me now... lol

Here is another customers Echelon I did today in Midnight Bronze.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106757/20230809_155220-2914500.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I love me some bronze Cerakote too. Smoked bronze on the SFAR and middle AR receivers and buffer tubes, midnight bronze and FDE mix in the shorty’s receivers.

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Customers Taurus G2C slide... he wanted a blood look..

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Couple pattern matched 320 sets.

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:23:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RiverSwine45] [#9]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

eta: the guys making videos doing this make make it look easy. It isn't for me. This is the second one I've done, the first was just a solid color.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 2:57:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thor] [#10]
Hard for me to tell on the phone, but looks like you suffer from layer lines and some bleed under the stencils.

For the thick layer lines, only your base coat has to be to spec. Everything is is purely cosmetic. You can go much lighter on the coverage. What I like to do is turn my air, fan, and fluid level down and use my gun like an airbrush and lightly spray between and around the stencils, not directly on them. This lets you control the thickness and keep it from pooling around the stencil edges. As lone as it goes on with a little wet look you’re good. Don’t worry if the color of your stencil is bleeding through. Once I broke the habit of wanting the whole thing including the stencils covered In a solid color my coatings got a lot smoother around the stencils.

As for the bleeding of color under the stencils, that usually starts because the stencils curl up during the flash cure. I’ve started doing a longer flash cure at 150 and have no more curling. I also press everything down right before my next spray. In the event a stencil still does lift, the lighter sprays mentioned above will help immensely with bleed through regardless.

Also, on your final cure, I do a 10min initial cure at full temp and then pull it out and remove all stencils before the final cure. This also pulls some of the ridges off with the stencils and gives it a smoother finished look.

I’ve been doing my own for years. Every one I did was an improvement. Still finding better ways to do things now that I’m doing it professionally too!

I just knocked out this MCB for myself yesterday.

Link Posted: 11/26/2023 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Thor:
Hard for me to tell on the phone, but looks like you suffer from layer lines and some bleed under the stencils.

For the thick layer lines, only your base coat has to be to spec. Everything is is purely cosmetic. You can go much lighter on the coverage. What I like to do is turn my air, fan, and fluid level down and use my gun like an airbrush and lightly spray between and around the stencils, not directly on them. This lets you control the thickness and keep it from pooling around the stencil edges. As lone as it goes on with a little wet look you’re good. Don’t worry if the color of your stencil is bleeding through. Once I broke the habit of wanting the whole thing including the stencils covered In a solid color my coatings got a lot smoother around the stencils.

As for the bleeding of color under the stencils, that usually starts because the stencils curl up during the flash cure. I’ve started doing a longer flash cure at 150 and have no more curling. I also press everything down right before my next spray. In the event a stencil still does lift, the lighter sprays mentioned above will help immensely with bleed through regardless.

Also, on your final cure, I do a 10min initial cure at full temp and then pull it out and remove all stencils before the final cure. This also pulls some of the ridges off with the stencils and gives it a smoother finished look.

I’ve been doing my own for years. Every one I did was an improvement. Still finding better ways to do things now that I’m doing it professionally too!

I just knocked out this MCB for myself yesterday.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66797/IMG_0277_Copy-3021371.jpg
View Quote

I appreciate your observations and the tips. It all makes sense. We gave it another go Friday afternoon and I was able to see just what you're talking about when it started to look wet. I got a few layer lines still but it doesn't seem as extreme as the  last one.

Luckily we are just goofing off with this stuff because we'd probably starv if we relied on it for income

Attachment Attached File

I'll post another picture when I get it all reassembled.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 1:55:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Thor] [#14]
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Got a few more over done the past month or so..

10mm XD

Silencer Co lower with Gemtech Integral upper

Gen 1 MCX with modified Gen 2 handguard (customer bought it with the handguard)

Tried my hand a some camo patterns..
HK VP9 slide (top)
P80 Sig 320 slide (bottom)

Stoeger STR 9mm (finished this today)
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 12:21:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Dirty Desert Camo on this PWS using Chocolate Brown, Magpul FDE, Armor Black, and Benelli Sand. Damn near every single exterior part, minus the barrel, was coated.

Attachment Attached File

Sauer Milk

Attachment Attached File

PA LPVO and ADM Mount in AI Dark Earth

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Did this one yesterday for one of the guys that used to work at the shop, he just graduated from the police academy last friday.. Started out as a beat up LE trade in Gen4 Glock 22.The look on his face when he came in last night to pick it up was priceless. 😆

Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:59:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Badass
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:16:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Today's project.. Distressed Midnight Bronze Stoeger STR 9mm full size for one of the sales ladies at the shop.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:41:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Thor] [#20]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:47:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Personal project: got a chance to use up some of my older paint and refinish my beat up Beretta 92FS/M9.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:39:13 AM EDT
[#23]
first time DIY cerakote job...

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Tyrant556:

https://i.imgur.com/lBHDa50.jpg
View Quote

Looks good! If you’re interested in matching the stuff up front, A.I. Dark Earth matches the B5 Coyote stuff nearly dead on.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Very Nice!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

You sure that's your first?

Looks damned even. Good job.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Been wanting to do white and black distressed for a while. Finally got a request and I’m super happy with how it turned out.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Thor:
Been wanting to do white and black distressed for a while. Finally got a request and I’m super happy with how it turned out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66797/IMG_2777_jpeg-3177010.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66797/IMG_2783_jpeg-3177011.JPG
View Quote

Not my style, but damn if that didn't come out nice.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By lew:

Not my style, but damn if that didn't come out nice.
View Quote

Not my style either, mostly due to color. I did try out distressed Smoked Bronze with camo on this P365

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Some beautiful spray being laid............ Do any one of you have the ability to show/give me a side by side comparison of H-250 A.I. Dark Earth Vs H-261 Glock FDE?  I was told via email that Triarc's Peanut Butter Color is the H-261 Glock FDE????

Also is it considered over kill to spray Lower and Lower Parts (mag release, bolt catch, safety selector) all the same?  Should I leave the black contrast on these two color tones?  I did on my FDE rifle it looks good but looking to keep each spray a lil different other than color
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:56:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Some fresh Midnight Bronze on a Benelli M4 SBS...

Page / 17
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked Cerakote Picture Thread (Page 17 of 17)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top