Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2017 8:11:04 PM EDT
i'm currently running a standard rhino mount and just recently acquired a mum and need more adjustability to bring it in towards my eye by about 1/2" to 3/4".

any ideas? tried searching and didn't come up with much. it's an expensive choice to go through multiple options.

thanks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
i'm currently running a standard rhino mount and just recently acquired a mum and need more adjustability to bring it in towards my eye by about 1/2" to 3/4".

any ideas? tried searching and didn't come up with much. it's an expensive choice to go through multiple options.

thanks.
View Quote

Get a different mount. Used TATM (with the universal backplate) or similar
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

I have a gt14 loaner that has the same problem.  I just backed the j arm up enough to where I could get a screw into the threaded part of the mount, then push the j arm up against the screw and put a small zip tie on it around the j arm and screw.

I have had no problems with it coming loose on me and I do not baby it.

It brought it back enough to work perfectly,  with that said make sure it is tethered to your helmet.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Try to find a TAM-14 arm, it is a better design than the standard MUM arm.

MUM arm
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try to find a TAM-14 arm, it is a better design than the standard MUM arm.

MUM arm
View Quote
NIVISYS had those at one point. They wanted like $200 for one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top