Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a copy and paste from my friend and business colleague Adam Barker the owner of AB Nightvision inc.

Adam couldn't post so he asked me to post a copy of his email.

Hello Jason.  We did receive your unit back for repair, intending to overnight it back to you.  However at the same time we found out that you had submitted two requests for refund to Glynn, who you purchased this from.  Based on that it was only logical to assume that you wanted a refund instead of a repair and we did not overnight your mono back to you.  At that point I would have been willing to do whichever you wanted.  That changed when you called and cussed out my secretary.  We are no longer willing to do business with you.  I will make sure Glynn knows to give you a full refund, even though you still have all the rings out of the monocular.  I will personally refund your shipping charges from where you sent it to us.  I want to make sure that your every expense is covered.  However I am not willing to do business with somebody who treats my employee the way you have.  While I normally make every effort to insure the satisfaction of our customers, your conduct is unacceptable.  Please let me know the shipping charges so we can get a check headed your way.

I have copied Glynn and Christian on this email.  Glynn can you please go ahead and process a full refund for Jason?  I will reimburse you for any shipping expenses and return the repaired mono to you with a full set of rings.

Adam W. Barker | President
AB NightVision Inc
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]
That was from AB
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Glynn did you receive the housing back or is that AB's response?
View Quote
Oh that was from AB
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

50 posts and pics still not showing, weird...

Anyways, I made link hot for you.

In for popcorn and Op returning to explain.
View Quote
Thank you
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
the infinity lock ring threads look stripped also, sounds like buyers remorse after OP screwed up trying to DIY night vision LOL
View Quote
Kinda looks like the set screws were not backed off before the unit was stripped of all the parts and sent back to AB bare and missing the negative contact to boot :/
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry Guys,

I sent the unit in for a repair with AB  via 1 day air.  With their promise to send back via 1 day air.  It appears along the way the communication between AB and Night Vision Inc. turned in to "return the unit".  That is fine, frankly I did not care but I did want to give AB an option to repair as with multiple proven items I felt that this had to be a long shot situation.  

I have gathered information from a few dealers/builders that it is not uncommon to create their own epoxies to fix on the fly.  This is somewhat reflected in other user comments.

I honestly believe with multiple parties involved, this turned in to a game of telephone.  Christian at AB was absolutely helpful and asked that I give them an opportunity to repair which I agreed to.  Some where the lines got crossed and I am infact returning it after all, which is fine.  The reason for keeping the items listed is I was not returning the unit, just sending it in for repair.

In defense of Glynn, he did not literally tell me to pound sand.  He seemed disinterested and immediately said to go to AB.  Not typically what I would expect from a company in 2017.

That being said, after the fact Glynn did attempt to make it right.   Regarding the missing items, I am happy to pay for those, not an issue and a simple over sight as my plan was repair only ( I offered 1 day air both ways however AB offered to cover return shipping)

Additionally, I do have 120 degree temperatures, it is not unbelievable that the unit could have hit 150's in a hot delivery truck.  That is my guess.  Regarding the contact falling off.  Like I stated in emails to when I noticed the pos contact dangling, I daintily touched the neg contact with my finger and it too seperated.  Being in a compromised position with VERY small gauge wire, the contact seperated from the wire which if you look at the Gauge of the wire and the solder point, is really not hard to believe, we are talking delicate here.

Anyway,

It is what it is.  Customer service aside, these units need a different installation method in regards to the contacts.  It simply is not working.

Thank you every one for the comments and again my apologies for the delay.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#7]
That changed when you called and cussed out my secretary.
View Quote
I don't understand - why did you cuss out the secretary at AB Night Vision? It sounds like you just got blackballed by a manufacturer.

Do you understand what you did here? You basically cried wolf and slammed a vendor and a manufacturer in a niche market on basically the cheapest product you could have possibly ordered.

:-(
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Annnnndddd this is why whenever I call my ISP, bank, cable provider, doctor, insurance......I don't talk shit to the "little" person because as mad as I am, it's not their fault. They are trying to help. They get yelled at all day and when you're nice they tend to do more for you.

Except Sirius. Fuck them and everyone who works for them. Worthless shite's. Every last one of them. Worthless. Worst CS I've ever encountered.

As far as heat, these units go all over hot areas in the country. It would seem this would be a lot more common and the manufacturer would do something about it so they wouldn't have to keep paying out for it.

Seems like the OP did a lot of assuming and then "venting" and is going to lose out because of it.

Everyone understands getting frustrated OP. As much as you want to freak out, it doesn't help.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:51:59 PM EDT
[#9]
jadamsnginfantry you need to change the title because it makes a good company look bad when that is the first thing that someone sees.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sorry Guys,

I sent the unit in for a repair with AB  via 1 day air.  With their promise to send back via 1 day air.  It appears along the way the communication between AB and Night Vision Inc. turned in to "return the unit".  That is fine, frankly I did not care but I did want to give AB an option to repair as with multiple proven items I felt that this had to be a long shot situation.  

I have gathered information from a few dealers/builders that it is not uncommon to create their own epoxies to fix on the fly.  This is somewhat reflected in other user comments.

I honestly believe with multiple parties involved, this turned in to a game of telephone.  Christian at AB was absolutely helpful and asked that I give them an opportunity to repair which I agreed to.  Some where the lines got crossed and I am infact returning it after all, which is fine.  The reason for keeping the items listed is I was not returning the unit, just sending it in for repair.

In defense of Glynn, he did not literally tell me to pound sand.  He seemed disinterested and immediately said to go to AB.  Not typically what I would expect from a company in 2017.

That being said, after the fact Glynn did attempt to make it right.   Regarding the missing items, I am happy to pay for those, not an issue and a simple over sight as my plan was repair only ( I offered 1 day air both ways however AB offered to cover return shipping)

Additionally, I do have 120 degree temperatures, it is not unbelievable that the unit could have hit 150's in a hot delivery truck.  That is my guess.  Regarding the contact falling off.  Like I stated in emails to when I noticed the pos contact dangling, I daintily touched the neg contact with my finger and it too seperated.  Being in a compromised position with VERY small gauge wire, the contact seperated from the wire which if you look at the Gauge of the wire and the solder point, is really not hard to believe, we are talking delicate here.

Anyway,

It is what it is.  Customer service aside, these units need a different installation method in regards to the contacts.  It simply is not working.

Thank you every one for the comments and again my apologies for the delay.
View Quote
In defense of Glynn??? You have slammed my good name and AB Nightvision's on a public forum while we bent over backwards to help you.

Hey I was in a meeting with a very important client that just spent tens of thousands and we were discussing future dealings and I asked to be excused and stepped out to take a call. Didn't know it was your call it was just a customer and I give all customers the same respect and attention regardless if they are spending $300 on a mono housing or buying 6 ANVIS systems like the one I asked to be excused and stepped outside to take your call. I would bet you most distributors would have let your call go to VM.

You said you had just received an item and I had to go through my memory banks and put your name to the transaction in my head on the fly and whilst doing that , you told me that the contacts were loose and I said "well that is covered by warranty through AB Nightvision and i will get you their contact info to send it in and asked you to send me yours so I can advise them as to what was going on so that it wouldn't be any surprise." THAT IS 100% how it went down and you and I both know that.

Your response to that was thats how this is handled and I said yes thats how this is handled its a warranty repair.

I got on my phone during a tour of their facilities and sent emails to AB and emails to you while I was conducting business and even after that. Then I got a call from AB on Monday saying that you were posting on AR and whats going on? , we all thought you were returning an item for warranty repair???

Its a shame it all went down like this.

I always forgive and forget, its just going to be difficult because I saw the email where you used foul language with Christian and then when Adam told me today that you cussed her out on the phone    hhhhhhhhhhhh

You need to post a public apology , you need to make it right, that poor girl was just doing her job that is probably already stressful and she was just trying to help YOU!

Im a big boy and I can hold my own, I have been in this industry for so many years and so many people know me , your post isn't a really a concern, your actions toward My friends at AB is a concern.

Sincerely,

Glynn
NVinc
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

In defense of Glynn??? You have slammed my good name and AB Nightvision's on a public forum while we bent over backwards to help you.

Hey I was in a meeting with a very important client that just spent tens of thousands and we were discussing future dealings and I asked to be excused and stepped out to take a call. Didn't know it was your call it was just a customer and I give all customers the same respect and attention regardless if they are spending $300 on a mono housing or buying 6 ANVIS systems like the one I asked to be excused and stepped outside to take your call. I would bet you most distributors would have let your call go to VM.

You said you had just received an item and I had to go through my memory banks and put your name to the transaction in my head on the fly and whilst doing that , you told me that the contacts were loose and I said "well that is covered by warranty through AB Nightvision and i will get you their contact info to send it in and asked you to send me yours so I can advise them as to what was going on so that it wouldn't be any surprise." THAT IS 100% how it went down and you and I both know that.

Your response to that was thats how this is handled and I said yes thats how this is handled its a warranty repair.

I got on my phone during a tour of their facilities and sent emails to AB and emails to you while I was conducting business and even after that. Then I got a call from AB on Monday saying that you were posting on AR and whats going on? , we all thought you were returning an item for warranty repair???

Its a shame it all went down like this.

I always forgive and forget, its just going to be difficult because I saw the email where you used foul language with Christian and then when Adam told me today that you cussed her out on the phone    hhhhhhhhhhhh

You need to post a public apology , you need to make it right, that poor girl was just doing her job that is probably already stressful and she was just trying to help YOU!

Im a big boy and I can hold my own, I have been in this industry for so many years and so many people know me your post isn't a really a concern, your actions toward My friends at AB is a concern.

Sincerely,

Glynn
NVinc
View Quote
I certainly would have no issues buying from you if I decide to do something like this. Or AB.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I certainly would have no issues buying from you if I decide to do something like this. Or AB.
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thank you!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!
i know you from all the NV forums i'm in on Facebook.  you are GTG.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow...

OP you should probably post an apology forthwith...
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#15]
It's great to see that some of the NV community sticks together and has each others back no matter how big or small they are. At least some good has come out of this by knowing that Glynn "Own Night and AB Night Vision" are vendors I will buy from with 110% confidence.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#16]
OP should post apology. Mix ups happen.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 1:44:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's great to see that some of the NV community sticks together and has each others back no matter how big or small they are. At least some good has come out of this by knowing that Glynn "Own Night and AB Night Vision" are vendors I will buy from with 110% confidence.
View Quote
Just for the record we are

Night Vision Inc
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#18]
This is unfortunate.  I suspect the OP was working on it and fucked up.  Instead of owning it, he splashes it all over the internet.  Then the vendor gets righteously pissed off, and rightly so, but kinda goes over the top with his responses and becomes the aggressor.  Lots of things to learn here.

If you fuck something up, own it, and get it fixed.  The OP could have simply said, hey man, gotta problem here, can you guys help me.  Instead he chose to splash it all over the internet, because of some perceived slight.  My assumption is that the vendor is a alpha type dude who meant to help this guy but was perceived as blowing the guy off.  My other assumption is the OP is a snowflake who thought since the guy didn't drop everything and do it for him, he was getting dissed.

Even though the buyer went about it wrong, he is getting help out the wazoo.  Even though the vendor did everything possible to help this guy, some will see him as being overly aggressive here.  It's not a good sit for either of them.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath here.  The market is full of little sunflowers who expect everything to be given to them.  The people that sell, and are actually good at using this stuff are not always, uh, the most patient in dealing with their bullshit.  

This guy fucked up by broadcasting this online.  I think that's pretty clear at this point.  To continue hammering on him is really pointless.  I think guys like him really think they are being aggrieved when they don't get royal treatment, like it's 2017 you know.  As long as you've made your point, and the industry can see you did due diligence (and then some), call it done.  He's not gonna apologize, for just being himself.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top