Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2017 6:56:57 AM EDT
Good morning.

I have an older NVM14 with a broken top cover/battery compartment.

Does anyone know of a source for parts? If the NVM parts are not available what about MUM14 parts and compatibility?

Thanks as always.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe contact Nivisys.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe contact Nivisys.
View Quote
I thought about that but I wonder how close the NVM and MUM are to each other. Is the NVM a clone or a copy?
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure, but they're probably a good place to start. They might be able to point you toward the stuff you need even if they don't have it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#4]
NiVisys can probably help.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:58:47 AM EDT
[#5]
try snvg as well
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:34:03 AM EDT
[#6]
could be worth putting a pic here as there were a few models called the nvm14 - just to avoid confusion , the atn / armasight ones were quite nice but i have seen chineese copies (i actualy sent for a housing to try ) and the quality was nowhere near  what it should have been
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#7]
As far as I know the NVM14 / NVM001 from Insight is exactly the same as the one from Nivisys.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As far as I know the NVM14 / NVM001 from Insight is exactly the same as the one from Nivisys.
View Quote
Mine's an ATN.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Mine's an ATN.
View Quote
Ah alright. The ATN NVM14 is similar kind of. The obvious first stop would be ATN, then Armasight. At one point Armasight did have the exact same housing as the ATN NVM14 as the N-14, could be they still are. Could be the MUM-14 electronics housing will fit it too, though I doubt it even if the outer dimensions and screw placement was identical. I don't remember the exact price for a MUM-14 electronics housing, but it was not far from a complete new ATN NVM14 housing & optics or an Armasight N-14. Johnelot will know the best I suppose.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
could be worth putting a pic here as there were a few models called the nvm14 - just to avoid confusion , the atn / armasight ones were quite nice but i have seen chineese copies (i actualy sent for a housing to try ) and the quality was nowhere near  what it should have been
View Quote
Kind of at a loss now without photobucket. But I'll figure something out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ah alright. The ATN NVM14 is similar kind of. The obvious first stop would be ATN, then Armasight. At one point Armasight did have the exact same housing as the ATN NVM14 as the N-14, could be they still are. Could be the MUM-14 electronics housing will fit it too, though I doubt it even if the outer dimensions and screw placement was identical. I don't remember the exact price for a MUM-14 electronics housing, but it was not far from a complete new ATN NVM14 housing & optics or an Armasight N-14. Johnelot will know the best I suppose.
View Quote
ATN has a new and slightly different body for the NVM. New ones use a knob instead of the push button. The push button model is no longer supported.

I emailed Armasight but haven't heard anything back.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

ATN has a new and slightly different body for the NVM. New ones use a knob instead of the push button. The push button model is no longer supported.

I emailed Armasight but haven't heard anything back.
View Quote
The new model part could be still compatible with your's, at least the new one looks very similar than the one I had with a push button too. I might remember wrong, but I think the rest of the body was the same.

Btw, I use www.imgur.com for temporary pics that I need to post somewhere.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#13]
best option could be to try to fix it up - unless its tolalled  , is the housing cracked or is it an electrical fault /
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:04:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good morning.

I have an older NVM14 with a broken top cover/battery compartment.

Does anyone know of a source for parts? If the NVM parts are not available what about MUM14 parts and compatibility?

Thanks as always.
View Quote

Nivisys sells MUMs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top