Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2017 2:40:28 AM EDT
Which one and why?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 7:21:00 AM EDT
[#1]
TAPS doesn't have to be modded to fit correctly into Steiner/LDI devices.

TAPS is lower profile.

TAPS can direct fit to M-Lok or keymod.

TAPS can be ordered in FDE.

TAPS PRO can be programmed.

Surefire can be had for slightly cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I've run the SF switch for several years with an OTAL and it has worked well.  However, if you want something past momentary ON for either light or laser, you will out-grow it.  I am switching to the TAPS Pro because I can custom program it, including slaving the light and laser to come ON together.  This is the major drawback to the SF switch.  Both pads are momentary only with an OTAL.  

I ground the SF switch down, glued Velcro to the back, and cable tied it to the rail, to get a low profile mount on my M-lok rail.  The TAPS will M-lok (or Key Mod, or Pic mount) right onto your rail.

The SF has to be turned around for certain mounting solutions, so your light and laser positions change.  The TAPS can be configured with any lead going to any pad.

The SF switch will do, but the TAPS Pro will really set you up.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:51:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm old school so I run the stock Steiner/Crane style pressure pad on the right side of my vert grip and my M952V on the same so I can activate it with my thumb. It may not be High Speed anymore but it saves me some duckets. Also it helps with being more ergonomic for me since holding your rig up using a forward C clamp grip can fatigue your support arm very quickly.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys!
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 2:54:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah it's ghetto as hell but I'd be happy if it slaved the light and laser, and stayed ON.  Sure you can pay 1K+ for that on a more advanced LAM, but with a TAPS, the OTAL + IR/white light becomes just as versatile as the integrated units, perhaps even superior to some with dodgy illuminators.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top