Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2017 1:50:06 AM EDT
First have anybody here used TNVC's finance the night, i know financing isn't the best but i get some money coming to me later on and theres no penalty for paying early. But if you have used it what was your experience?

Second does this look like a good list to start- all from tnvc

Pvs 14 gen 3 pinnacle full kit-TNV/PVS-14, PVS-14 Adapter (J-Arm)- Color-Matched to Goggle, Rubber Eye Cup, Daylight Filter, Sacrificial Window, Demist Shield, Neck Cord, Soft Carry Case, Two (2x) AA Batteries, Lens Cleaning Tissue, Military Maintenance Standards, Warranty Registration Card
Weapon Kit:
Entire Basic Kit + TNVC TM-14 Weapon Mount, Aimpoint Twist Mount Base
Full Kit:
Entire Weapon Kit + Standard Issue ACH/MICH Shroud w/ Ratchet Strap, USGI Rhino Mount Arm

Ops core fast bump helmet

Unity tactical rail system for ear pro

Tnvc mohawk battery counterweight

anything else i might be needing? I am purely a recreational shooter but help from you guys is greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:09:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Well there is tons of stuff you could add on but that's a good start.

What do you plan on doing as far as aiming with your gun? LAM?  You have choices. Atpial c, dbal i2/d2, MAWL, otal, and a lot of others. The first three mentioned are all great. All expensive. The MAWL is WAY expensive and for what I personally use it for offers not enough performance difference to justify the extra $1500. But if I had tons money I'd buy it.

Edit
Oh, make sure you buy the 4D pads. You'll scoff when you see the price but I have to admit they are amazing. Absolutely amazing.  Indescribably better than the stock pads
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:53:07 AM EDT
[#2]
IMHO you'd be better off finding a credit card with zero interest for the first year vs the TNVC financing plan since you get charged 100 from the bank just to use the plan although I didn't read far enough into it to compare the finance charges. The basic "high spec hand select" L3 kit would be my choice since there is no extra charge just a little longer wait. The only other basic thing id get is a rentention lanyard anywhere from 12.00 to 50.00 or just use the shoe string method. As far as a LAM/IR illuminator do some research the D2 has a great illuminator and make the D3, I2 9007, and the ATPIAL look anemic. A IR light does more than light up a dark area it also helps with IR laser bloom. I haven't used a MAWL yet but the specs and review looks like it's more user friendly vs the D2 but like the other poster stated the extra 1500 is a bit steep.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:06:42 AM EDT
[#3]
FWIW, I own a full power laser/illuminator, and a civilian MAWL. The MAWL blows the other away in every way. It's very expensive. But it's an amazing piece of gear and imho about the best night vision laser/illuminator a civilian can put on a firearm.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FWIW, I own a full power laser/illuminator, and a civilian MAWL. The MAWL blows the other away in every way. It's very expensive. But it's an amazing piece of gear and imho about the best night vision laser/illuminator a civilian can put on a firearm.
View Quote
No doubt. It's also $2500. A d2 can be had for around $1000. IMO, from seeing it, it's not anywhere close to performing $1500 better. But that for me and me only. My main thing is a bright ir illuminator and the d2 is close enough where I'm not dropping that cream coin.

Again, just me. It is awesome. I just happen to think it's too much. By a lot. Look at the upcoming a4 v2.  Supposedly also has an amazing illuminator AND a white light and isn't going to be anywhere near $2500. Supposedly $1600-$1800. Dunno what be Myers was thinking with the pricing scheme on the MAWL. If it was $1600 I'd have one. Actually I wouldn't. They'd probably still be sold out and impossible to get lol
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I would get the basic kit, then do some research on the many threads here (or simply call TNVC) and decide which mount you would prefer to get.

I wouldn't worry about the "weapons mount kit," and the Ops-Core helmet you listed already comes with a molded in shroud, negating the need to get the accessories that come with the "full kit."

Mounts can be expensive, and with all the myriad options out there, it can get a little confusing and overwhelming--but a good mount can really "brighten your night," so to speak. If you get a dovetail-interface mount, you will need a new device interface to replace the J-Arm in the kit as well.

The other big piece you're missing there, is, as others have mentioned, some sort of IR aiming laser/light, which again, there are a variety of threads on the pros and cons of various different models, and you can go in a number of different directions with them.

NOD, helmet, mount system, and IR aiming solution are the "big ticket" items.

Other things you can try out and see what your needs are and pick things up to address them.  

This is all, of course, assuming you already have a capable weapon with a visible light, and preferably an NV compatible optic as well.

Beyond that, read a lot (it may take some practice to filter out the wheat from the chaff, but good information is there), and ask whatever questions you might have--the folks here generally tend to be a little more tolerant of the same questions being asked over and over again (this particular thread/question is more or less a bi-weekly occurrence here--but it means you'll have lots of archived material to read and ponder over).  

There is a certain amount of inevitable repetition on this forum, as new products are, frankly, not that common (compared to the rest of the "AR industry"), and ultimately the number of different devices/manufactures/products/vendors is pretty small, again, at least when compared to the rest of the market.

For example, there are only really a couple "duty grade" IR LAMs available out there available from a finite number of vendors, compared to everyone and their mother making an AR barrel, BCG, rail, stock, and trigger out there for people to argue endlessly about.

~Augee
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I have used TNVC's finance option and it was stupid easy.  I recommend it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for all the tips, just got back from vacation. I tried to do the TNVC finance program but got denied because of not having a long enough credit history (probably get approved if i was 35 years old and 25000 in debt) but since I'm 23 and only have a couple of cards and my house i guess thats not enough.

So i decided to talk to chase and get a higher limit card with zero interest and just pay that off by the end of the year.
Gonna definitely look into a laser, but unfortunately might be a month after but at least ill be able to see in the dark and shoot through my aim points and eotechs.
Thanks for the insight again!
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thank you for all the tips, just got back from vacation. I tried to do the TNVC finance program but got denied because of not having a long enough credit history (probably get approved if i was 35 years old and 25000 in debt) but since I'm 23 and only have a couple of cards and my house i guess thats not enough.

So i decided to talk to chase and get a higher limit card with zero interest and just pay that off by the end of the year.
Gonna definitely look into a laser, but unfortunately might be a month after but at least ill be able to see in the dark and shoot through my aim points and eotechs.
Thanks for the insight again!
View Quote
Thats actually exactly how I got my first NV.  Zero interest for a full year....and just paid off before the period was over.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thats actually exactly how I got my first NV.  Zero interest for a full year....and just paid off before the period was over.
View Quote
Yeah i can't wait, here in AZ its gonna make shooting in the summer a little better!
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Give me a call
ext 303
I'll talk your ear off about NV and make some different recommendations that'll save you some cash I think.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First have anybody here used TNVC's finance the night, i know financing isn't the best but i get some money coming to me later on and theres no penalty for paying early. But if you have used it what was your experience?

Second does this look like a good list to start- all from tnvc

Pvs 14 gen 3 pinnacle full kit-TNV/PVS-14, PVS-14 Adapter (J-Arm)- Color-Matched to Goggle, Rubber Eye Cup, Daylight Filter, Sacrificial Window, Demist Shield, Neck Cord, Soft Carry Case, Two (2x) AA Batteries, Lens Cleaning Tissue, Military Maintenance Standards, Warranty Registration Card
Weapon Kit:
Entire Basic Kit + TNVC TM-14 Weapon Mount, Aimpoint Twist Mount Base
Full Kit:
Entire Weapon Kit + Standard Issue ACH/MICH Shroud w/ Ratchet Strap, USGI Rhino Mount Arm

Ops core fast bump helmet

Unity tactical rail system for ear pro

Tnvc mohawk battery counterweight

anything else i might be needing? I am purely a recreational shooter but help from you guys is greatly appreciated!

Give me a call
ext 303
I'll talk your ear off about NV and make some different recommendations that'll save you some cash I think.
Sounds good sam, i work all day but will be giving you a call by the end of this week! Lots of questions to be had.

Thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top