Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#1]
The Armasight Spark is the only way I've been able to get friends to purchase NV. They're more interested in having a safe full of guns rather than purchasing gen 3. Even when comparing them back to back it's still a tough pill to swallow money wise for just a hobby.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Armasight Spark is the only way I've been able to get friends to purchase NV. They're more interested in having a safe full of guns rather than purchasing gen 3. Even when comparing them back to back it's still a tough pill to swallow money wise for just a hobby.
View Quote
I had one of those. It's so woefully underpowered compared to gen three stuff it's nuts.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Mistake on my [part... Sorry <coctailer>
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sounds like there needs to be a men seeking men with night vision thread. I'm in snohomish WA and have a little spot for coyotes at night but none of my buddies have got anything yet. I'm trying to work a trade for my hk94 for another pvs14 and laser so I have a loaner but the guys being a flake. Next week I'm getting moved to first shift from 3rd so night hunting will be a little harder on the weekends.
View Quote
Do you have crabmeat and model trains?  

I will I'll admit it is definitely hard to find anyone with NODS to shoot with.  I haven't been in quite awhile myself due to work and life I must admit.  My neighborhood used to be crawling with coyotes but I have not heard them for sometime.  I think all the new development and construction chased them away and has eaten into my shooting spots.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 1:58:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sounds like there needs to be a men seeking men with night vision thread. I'm in snohomish WA and have a little spot for coyotes at night but none of my buddies have got anything yet. I'm trying to work a trade for my hk94 for another pvs14 and laser so I have a loaner but the guys being a flake. Next week I'm getting moved to first shift from 3rd so night hunting will be a little harder on the weekends.
View Quote
A night vision hometown backpage thread sounds like a great idea .
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
TNVC is located in Jax. And in Oct we are putting on a NV shoot in St. Augustine in conjunction with a Greenline Tactical Combat carbine class. There will be some big names in the NV industry attending, Knights Armament, Surefire, BE Meyers, Daniel defense, FLIR and obviously us. All proceeds will be donated to the 1st Ranger Battalion Charity, Sua Sponte Foundation. Please check out www.greenlinetactical.com while you are at it if you like carbine training. Attendees of the class get in for free.
View Quote
Where in had are you located? Also what's the cost of the NV shoot if not enrolled in the course?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Where in had are you located? Also what's the cost of the NV shoot if not enrolled in the course?
View Quote
In. I thought TNVC was out in CA. If you have a location in Jax...
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A night vision hometown backpage thread sounds like a great idea .
View Quote
I just tried making one of these in the Oregon HTF and got completely ignored. Might be me
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I just tried making one of these in the Oregon HTF and got completely ignored. Might be me
View Quote
Hell im in jax and had to fly home to my grandparents land to shoot at night. Learned without IR laser, it's better to just use a white light. I need to sell my NVec and get a pvs14. I'd be willing to drive an hour or two to shoot at night and camp out. Mini cola warrior anyone?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ditto. Made one in Oklahoma and it was crickets.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ditto. Made one in Oklahoma and it was crickets.
View Quote
I tired getting people together here in AZ and everyone talks but no one agreed to actually do it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#13]
OP go be rich somewhere else
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Too funny.

I would say you're lucky to find one guy local to do this kind of stuff with.  Extremely difficult to get any kind of group together.  But I think having a buddy team is the bare minimum to do this stuff safely.  Once buddy teams are formed, then next layer may be getting together with the next closest team.  And build from there.  Going for the big ho-down up front is a hard row to hoe.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I tired getting people together here in AZ and everyone talks but no one agreed to actually do it.
View Quote
Hello!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hello!
View Quote
I can get free virtually any night after my daughter goes to bed . I believe @SOT_Solutions wants to play too.

This weekend?  Next weekend?  Weekdays?  Guns?  No guns at first since we don't know each other? Or just bring lots of body armor? Lol
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 1:09:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I have been able to find a few local guys in the MD area who are set up quite well. And have several others selling everything they can and saving every penny to start playing. I know I chose to go the opposite route of what was mentioned earlier: I emptied the safe of superfluous firearms and am now capable for the other 1/2 of my life...the time when the wife and kids are asleep, getting out isn't much of an issue and critters are moving around.
A plus of MD, and I was not thrilled about living here initially, is that, while deer hunting with rifles is highly regulated and not allowed in most of the state, predator hunting is not. Suppressed ARs, no mag limits, thermal or NV, all good...and cost $5 for a furbearer stamp. I think that is the sole cheap ticket in this game though.
All that said, if anyone out here wants to meet up, shoot me a PM. We can do non weapon related stuff if preferred: hiking, kayaking, etc. I have access to quite a few properties that we can shoot on, crop height allowing. Having cans really increases this access. I call during the season several nights a week...or more.
Also, if anyone is in the greater San Angelo, TX area and wants to trade some hunting time during October for some prime red fox hunting, please shoot me a PM; I'll be out there for 3 weeks or so...and I'd be willing to travel, especially on weekends.
WHBD
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 1:10:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm a no shoes convert. Thanks Bushman. ;)

Sorry I'm still a mouth breather.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I tend to avoid other people.

I can hear them breath and they all wear boots that make lots of noise and they want to talk and stuff.  :D
I'm a no shoes convert. Thanks Bushman. ;)

Sorry I'm still a mouth breather.
I'd love to see you go barefoot in your AO! I sure as hell wouldn't!
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:07:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I can get free virtually any night after my daughter goes to bed . I believe @SOT_Solutions wants to play too.

This weekend?  Next weekend?  Weekdays?  Guns?  No guns at first since we don't know each other? Or just bring lots of body armor? Lol
View Quote
m

Crickets.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I have another pvs14, helmet and a laser coming next week. Now that I'll have a loaner I can actually bring a buddy, and hopefully I can just get him to buy it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have been able to find a few local guys in the MD area who are set up quite well. And have several others selling everything they can and saving every penny to start playing. I know I chose to go the opposite route of what was mentioned earlier: I emptied the safe of superfluous firearms and am now capable for the other 1/2 of my life...the time when the wife and kids are asleep, getting out isn't much of an issue and critters are moving around.
A plus of MD, and I was not thrilled about living here initially, is that, while deer hunting with rifles is highly regulated and not allowed in most of the state, predator hunting is not. Suppressed ARs, no mag limits, thermal or NV, all good...and cost $5 for a furbearer stamp. I think that is the sole cheap ticket in this game though.
All that said, if anyone out here wants to meet up, shoot me a PM. We can do non weapon related stuff if preferred: hiking, kayaking, etc. I have access to quite a few properties that we can shoot on, crop height allowing. Having cans really increases this access. I call during the season several nights a week...or more.
Also, if anyone is in the greater San Angelo, TX area and wants to trade some hunting time during October for some prime red fox hunting, please shoot me a PM; I'll be out there for 3 weeks or so...and I'd be willing to travel, especially on weekends.
WHBD
View Quote
Pm'ing
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Pm'ing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WHBD
Pm'ing
Same.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Pm'ing

Same.

Replied!

On a separate note, is there anyone who wants to go out in the centralish Texas area? I'm willing to drive...we are on vacation in New Braunfels until the 9th. I have gear with me. I've just already killed all the coons, armadillos and coyotes that seem to be on this property in the last week...
TY
WHBD
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:21:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Pm'ing

Same.

Replied!

On a separate note, is there anyone who wants to go out in the centralish Texas area? I'm willing to drive...we are on vacation in New Braunfels until the 9th. I have gear with me. I've just already killed all the coons, armadillos and coyotes that seem to be on this property in the last week...
TY
WHBD
View Quote
I didn't get your PM..

@whitehotbrowndown
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:51:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Someone do something in Ohio or surrounding state!!!  I can bring some toys!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Is there anyone in South Carolina?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone in North Houston/KW area, hit me up.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#28]
This thread is a sausage fest, also, I'm in Cleveland County NC. Though I work 6 days a week and go to school.... and have no NODs, so consider this a place holder I guess.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm in Watanuga County, NC. Also pretty busy working full time and finishing my degree. This place looks ripe for night exploration. 
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This thread is a sausage fest, also, I'm in Cleveland County NC. Though I work 6 days a week and go to school.... and have no NODs, so consider this a place holder I guess.
View Quote
Well....um.....yeah....you do realize this is the nv section.....its pretty much all sausage in here. Wait!....why are you thinking of sausage in a NV forum and should we trust being in the dark with you?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

TY
WHBD
View Quote
Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Would've been happy to meet up with you for some hogs or more coyotes. Out-of-state licenses are not cheap. Did you buy one?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Would've been happy to meet up with you for some hogs or more coyotes. Out-of-state licenses are not cheap. Did you buy one?
View Quote
I know he's already out of TX.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I may be dumb, but I understand the meaning of August 9. Thus the apology.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I didn't get your PM..

@whitehotbrowndown
View Quote
I'll resend.  Sorry,  I'm assuming  it was due to the really spotty service we had.  A shame because I wrote a decent amount on my phone, which isn't all that much fun!
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TY
WHBD
Yeah,  that's too bad.  Had a good time though!  Next time I'll PM you!  .mil TX res is not too expensive
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Shane was just saying that he knows for a fact that I'd driven back to MD.   Phone calls help make the miles go by!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:12:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Sausage, hell, I'm thinking night grilling!  As far as trust, more than others, less than some.  

Got my ATPIAL-C in and unless my phone camera is lying, I'm 99% sure it has the bar shaped beam people were bitching about.  Boy does that thing bring back memories.  ( I bought it to start training with on my rifle while I save for for some sick WP 14's.)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top