Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2017 9:01:40 PM EDT
So I notice I had to change my battery twice and I used it less in one hour?
But is this common for the L3 PEQ15 C? Does it has to be in a certain switch positions?
Just wondering, thanks
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I notice I had to change my battery twice and I used it less in one hour?
But is this common for the L3 PEQ15 C? Does it has to be a certain
switch positions? Just wondering, thanks
View Quote

You used it for 1 hour straight or total time? If you stored it was it in the "OFF" position?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I did store it but did not have it in the off position, I just thought that by not using the laser it wouldn't affect the battery life

Also, the OFF position is the IR/VIS correct?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, it's a bitch. Every now and then I get mine out & it doesn't work and I know exactly what happened... Left the switch in the wrong position.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea,..learning the hard way
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Storing it in any other position than off (IR/VIS), will drain the battery. that is why there is an off (IR/VIS) position.
Lasers eat batteries its just the name of the game.
View Quote
Why is this the name of the game? It sounds like mighty shitty electrical engineering. I can see lasers using power when in use, but why in gods name would they suck power when not in use?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine does good as long as it's left in off.  Other settings will drain batteries.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:38:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, needs to be in the "off" position.  The full power PEQ-15 on my work rifle is the same way.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Has been for a long while...I am not a Double E with these lasers except to know from other folks who design these...There is basically an open circuit when power switches are not in the off position.

Several years ago there were issues with Steiner (then LDI) that had drainage while in the off position. These units were identified from LDI and many RMA's were issued. At that time, it was also discussed that drainage with switch positions not in the off position was normal. Nothing much has changed..
View Quote
Ok, I guess I just misunderstood, so to be clear there is an OFF position though that doesn't kill batteries? Otherwise yeah, if its on and providing low power to a circuit board or whatever then its just a simple case of user error and the EE's are not to blame.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top