Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2017 6:13:21 PM EDT
Hello all.
In building my latest AR (6.5 Grendel SPRish) I've been really bothered by not being able to use it effectively at night. Daytime I'm squared away with the nightforce 2.5-10x24 and RMR, but once the sun goes down, pack it up and go home.
Since I intend on using this for hogs and coyotes night vision would be a big plus.
I've spent most of my budget for this gun already, so I'm down to about 2 grand to spend on NV.
For the price the Core 384 RXQ30V 1.6-6.4X seems perfect for what I need-no frills just a rugged NV device. That said I'm a relative noob to civi NV options.
Just wanted to see what the hive thought.

TLDR version:
Need NV
MAX 2k budget
No frills needed, just rifle mounted with crosshairs.
Looking at the Pulsar Core 384 RXQ30V 1.6-6.4X Thermal
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Grendelshooter,
You are already on the right track. Not only am I a Grendel shooter myself, but I have spent the last week getting very familiar with the Pulsar core RXQ30V. I am convinced that the RXQ30V is hands down the best thermal out there under $2k. My favorite feature is the green AMOLED sapphire displayed and the picture-in-picture function. We just got a shipment of these in stock, $1899.97. Hogs at 300 yards would be bacon with this unit. I could have one to you by next week. If you are interested, you can order this online. You mentioned NV, but with your given budget, thermal would be my recommendation. Please let me know if you have any questions. I have one of these babies in my hands.
View Quote
I just meant night vision in general, I should be more specific.
I really liked the thermals we were issued back in '03-04 for our 50 cals, but it seems like it's gotten even better now. I preferred it to nods for actual shooting back then.

I've got your site bookmarked, it's where I discovered the pulsar unit.

The other unit that has my interest is the ATN Thor HD. Seems about the same price range but has a built in range finder which seems awesome, it's a frill I wouldn't mind having.

Any comments on it? Only thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is that ATN doesn't seem to stand behind their product as well as pulsar and I've read if some issues with the software.
Pulsar on the other hand seems perfect in those regards.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Shame these aren't coming to Australia.

My Cuz would be all over this like a fat kid in a candy store for a dedicated cheap Thermal for under $3000 Aus dollar.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You'll notice we don't sell ATN. There's a reason for that. They've begged us for years to carry their products at our sister company TNVC, too. At one point their return rate was 20 plus percent. That's entirely unacceptable to us.

Pulsars return rate is .5 percent.
View Quote
I did notice that, thanks for clarifying, and for the failure rate info!
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#6]
May I ask what that is for the trijicon IRDs? Thanks!
Quoted:
You'll notice we don't sell ATN. There's a reason for that. They've begged us for years to carry their products at our sister company TNVC, too. At one point their return rate was 20 plus percent. That's entirely unacceptable to us.

Pulsars return rate is .5 percent.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:57:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top