Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2017 5:24:21 PM EDT
I'm looking for options for a MRO mount that will put the optic in alignment with the PVS 14 using the OEM style PVS 14 rail grabber mount.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Your PVS14 doesnt have to be perfectly alinged to work. You can be off as much as 3/8" and itll be fine. For a cheap riser you can buy a UTG which comes in different heights but Id only use them to sight in at night. Just over lap your IR laser to your already zeroed red dot at the furthest distance possible and your done. I only use the 50/200 zero on my red dot that way50 out to 200 its either 1.5" high or low.  200 and above is a hold over. Also your lasr will never be more than the distance between the emmiter and the dot.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I still want the two optics to line up as much as possible to avoid dark shaded areas in the intensified image from the optic tube as much as possible. I find those to be distracting.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
So...super un-technical reply here. Larue and DD lower 1/3rd mounts lined up with my PVS-14 (for the 3 seconds it was on the gun). I would assume same would be true on an MRO mount. I like Radian Weapons MRO mount.
And they're 20% off this week
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I still want the two optics to line up as much as possible to avoid dark shaded areas in the intensified image from the optic tube as much as possible. I find those to be distracting.
View Quote
Depending on the application, the optic tends to start to disappear from your field of view if you run any magnification on the MNVD.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I do have a 3x or 4x magnifier for my pvs 14 but I have noticed that the reticle on the EOTechs I was using in NV mode would burn in even more than with out magnification. This would happen even on the lowest visible settings with NVG's.

Do all red dots and HWS create this problem on NV mode? The resulting burned in dark reticle on the phosphor screen would disappear after a few hours of use but I imagine if the pvs 14 is subjected to this for too long the damage would be permanent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top