Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2017 4:34:02 AM EDT
Hey guys,
I just ordered a Flir LS-XR and already have a PVS14.

Is there a DVR recorder that will work for both?
If not, can you steer me in the direction of options for the FLIR?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Any DVR with a micro-USB connector that plugs into the FLIR will work just fine, when you plug it it video is automatically out so all you have to do is turn on the DVR recorder.

Recording NV video from the ocular lens of the PVS-14 is an entirely different story.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok thank you.
Do you recommend a brand or a shop?
Probably something water resistant that can take a few bumps and not fall apart.
Thanks again
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Waterproof miniDVRs are expensive and difficult to come by, some of the sponsors of this NV forum like UNV and TNVC both sell low cost mini-DVRs for Thermals with the requisite cable connectors and microphones as part of their kits, I own and use both of their DVRs and they are both GTG for my LS-XRs as well as many other Thermals kits.

Be sure to get the specific cables for your LS.

A cell phone adapter for a PVS-14 is the cheapest and easiest way to record NV movies or you could get the correct lens adapters to attach to a DSLR camera from TNVC. I own two MoroVision PVS-14 MonoCam adapters with an Olympus TG-830 scuba diving camera that is totally waterproof for making NV movies and photos, it is first class but expensive.

Link Posted: 6/8/2017 11:55:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Your awesome.
Thanks brother..
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:16:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your awesome.
Thanks brother..
View Quote
Anytime, enjoy your gear!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top