Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2017 3:17:40 PM EDT
I've been looking at getting one as a replacement for the old school rhino mount. For those of you who are using them how do you like them? Do they lock up tighter than the rhino?  Are these still standard issue? If so is there a place that has them used surplus?
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The fit and finish is much nicer and the operation smoother than the new Norotos model.  There is no wiggle in the interface and the adjustments are very handy.  The only problem is that the interface between the mount and the j-arm is completely than the Norotos, so they are not interchangeable.

Sorry, wrong L4 mount.  I think mine is the G24.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, you've certainly already heard from the SMEs.  I will just add that as a simple end-user, I'm happy with mine.  Do I think it should cost $270? No, but I've learned to stop expecting accessories for items in this subforum to be inexpensive.  You have to pay to play.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#5]
The L4 G11 are GTG. Much better than my older style Norotos mounts. Lockup tight and solid. Took care of issues with the older mount style.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Once I removed the stupid magnet it's been awesome so far. One out of my two j arms I use is rock solid with retaining the QD function. I think with it sitting in front of the helmet more than over the top like the rhino it feels more balanced with the 14 stowed up. The rhino seemed to throw the balance off more of my counter weight but could just be a placebo.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've been looking at getting one as a replacement for the old school rhino mount. For those of you who are using them how do you like them? Do they lock up tighter than the rhino?  Are these still standard issue? If so is there a place that has them used surplus?
View Quote
I liked a lot of things about the old RHNO - the slop was not one of them. If you are happy with the old RHNO except for the slop then you may try removing the two screws at the front of the socket and add a washer that is a little smaller than the head of the screw. This will make lockup tight - maybe too tight depending on your tolerancing. If the lug is well worn on the J-Arm then it should not be an issue. I would still use a lanyard, even if you go with the Wilcox mount.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you guys for the info! The $280 for the g11 is definitely better than the cost to go with the g24 plus the j arm upgrade. I have a few standard j arms laying around which is why this mount appealed to me. @ SOT Solutions... thanks for that, I may try that anyway with my current rhinos. Never hurts to have a decent backup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top