Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2017 9:32:31 PM EDT
I know nothing about them but my brother just called me and asked my help.
He wants to buy a NV rifle scope for varmint control at his rural homes in MN & MO at ranges from perhaps 50 to 100 yards.
Is it possible to get some sort of NV rifle scope between a $400 to $600 price point that would be decent enough to fill that bill, or is that out of the question?
I wish I could offer more input but I honestly know absolutely nothing about what questions to even ask.... 
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 3:39:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi AZ.
Welcome!

Perhaps something in the PS-22 flavor is something he can work around budget wise?
It will likely have to be a used gen 2+ unit, but those can be had for around $1,000 +/-

There's also digital NVG clip ons by companies like pulsar that perhaps are an option also.
Someone will be along to provide actual assistance, but that budget is hard to work with.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 8:03:17 AM EDT
[#2]
A Sightmark photon and an IR Illuminator  is what you seek.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A Sightmark photon and an IR Illuminator  is what you seek.
View Quote
This looks exactly like something he can work with.
Actually for the price, some Youtube videos with the UNV 20IR illuminator look quite impressive to clueless me...
Thanks. 
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, if you are not worried about using IR, then there are some options to be had for that budget!
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, if you are not worried about using IR, then there are some options to be had for that budget!
View Quote
Yeah - as long as the hogs and 'yotes aren't going to be wearing goggles he's fine using an illuminator. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top