Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2017 1:08:31 PM EDT
Im working on putting together my first gen 3 device.
I have ordered a pvs-14 housing kit, and a rhino 2 mount/ j arm for my helmet.
Will be buying an mx10160 tube here soon.

Anyway, I just stumbled upon people using NV for astronomy. I used to have thousands of dollars worth of telescopes I sold years ago and got out of that hobby.
I do still have a small refractor telescope sort of like a 100mm spotting scope most of you would be familiar with.
Anyway.... They are using the MOD3 housing type monocular with the c-mount option which allows for the monoculars objective lens to be removed and a 1.25" tube to be screwed on which is then able to be inserted into a telescopes focuser just like any eyepiece.
This would be a bonus for me as it would give me an extra use for the monocular when camping.

I know nothing about the mod3 but my pvs-14 housing has not shipped yet so wondering if I should change my order to the mod3?
Again I know nothing about the mod 3 so not even sure if the kit UNV has is complete minus the tube.
Its actually cheaper than the pvs-14 kit but dont know if its compatible with the j-arm and rhino 2 Ive already ordered.

Any opinions/suggestions on this?
thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive already ordered a pvs-14 housing but it hasnt shipped yet and not sure if I should change my order to the Mod3 housing.
They are probably going to ship it soon so a bit under pressure....what to do...what to do LOL
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
 Our adapters will be out at the end of next month.
View Quote
Any guesstimate on pricepoint for the adapter?
Is it a one size fits most type of deal or would one need a seperate adapter for each eyepiece?

thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
That photo is incredible. I have used nightvision to look at stars, but not through a telescope.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Interesting.  That's combining two things that I would have never thought of.  Stargazing with a -14 was just goofing off to me.  But I can definitely see the appeal, as a hobby.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top