Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2017 2:41:12 PM EDT
Hey guys, is this the adapter I use to change my Rhino II over to accept the Wilcox J arm with dovetail?  

Thanks in advance.

https://tnvc.com/shop/norotos-pvs-15-pvs-18-socket-for-aka2-mount/

Attachment Attached File

EDIT, I found this thread from January that makes everything clear.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_18/473672_Shopping-for-a-new-adapter-for-Norotos-Rhino-II.html&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Sort of. Norotos adapters are best used with Norotos Dovetails. The Wilcox dovetail may not work well with that interface. I use one with a Norotos DDA and it works great. A few of the guys have had problems mixing Norotos and Wilcox parts.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sort of. Norotos adapters are best used with Norotos Dovetails. The Wilcox dovetail may not work well with that interface. I use one with a Norotos DDA and it works great. A few of the guys have had problems mixing Norotos and Wilcox parts.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up.  I have the J arm and the adapter on the way, hopefully there are no fitment issues.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up.  I have the J arm and the adapter on the way, hopefully there are no fitment issues.
View Quote
Make sure the MNVD is tethered. It might seem perfect and then eject without warning. The Dovetails from each manufacturer are just the slightest bit different.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:13:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Make sure the MNVD is tethered. It might seem perfect and then eject without warning. The Dovetails from each manufacturer are just the slightest bit different.
View Quote
I am not 100% of this, but are they also different for each manufacturer depending on the time period the mount / arm was made? Obviously my exposure to dovetail mounts and arms is very limited compared to you guys over the other side of the pond, but one older G24 was a lot roomier and had some play, and seemingly not due to wear.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:48:06 AM EDT
[#5]
It will fit just fine.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It will fit just fine.
View Quote
Thanks for the positive vibes man, I've been worried I blew $250 for nothing yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Noted, I'll be using the wire fishing leader and crimp method to make some lanyards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top