Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2017 1:42:21 AM EDT
I've been browsing the 500 series. I noticed that on the hood there are a few versions. There's the logo with "EOTech" and reticle in the middle, the "L3 EOTech", and one with a rectangular logo. Example is below:

EOTech with reticle (also note the hood is blank aside from laser warning and logo):

L3 EOTech (with laser warning and "For LE/Mil use"):

3rd variant:
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Your pics are in the correct order as far as I know. Eotech first, then the L3 marking when they were bought by L3 and last is the marking for the models coming out now in 2017 after the issues from the last few years.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, I've got a Jan 2003 one that is marked only "[Square] Eotech] on the sides of the battery cap.  It's finally give up the ghost and I got it out to see if it qualified for the refund (it doesn't).  I've gotten my money's worth out of it though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#3]
There are a lot of variants, and a lot of age variations of the "500-series."  Most of the photographs you posted of are of the 518, but not all.  

Off top of my head, this is the first EOTech logo (post Bushnell Holosight):

The L3 EOTech logo was next:

Followed by the EOTech/reticle logo:

And now the current logo:

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top