Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2017 12:33:43 PM EDT
My Ops-Core helmet showed up unannounced yesterday (@TNVC you forgot to send the tracking #) so I popped my G11 out of the Nightcap and tried to put it on the helmet.  No joy.  Using my digital calipers I measured the plastic thingy that was already in the helmet's shroud (see pic) and compared it to the G11.  They are very close; maybe only a few hundredths of a inch different.  

After forcing the G11 hard enough to remove a few slivers of plastic inside the Ops-Core shroud, I got it slid in and it seems to work ok.  But should it be this much of a bitch to install?  It's a smooth plug-and-play fit on my Nightcap.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
They probably got tired of people like me complaining that it was too loose. Plastic is harder to keep within dimensions than aluminum is. I would prefer that they err on the tight side.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#2]
If I had to choose between too loose and too tight, sure.  It is unreasonable to expect it to "just work"?
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I had to choose between too loose and too tight, sure.  It is unreasonable to expect it to "just work"?
View Quote
I do not consider the Bump Helmet to be the premium piece of gear that others here do. For the money charged, damned right it should work. From my background in manufacturing I have an understanding of why it is harder to do than it seems like it should.

All of the premium line stuff from Ops-Core has performed admirably for me, right out of the box. The aluminum shrouds from Ops-Core are excellent. I took the liner and ARC rails out of my bump helmet and dropped them in a different shell with an aluminum shroud. I also upgraded with Oregon Aero and old black MSA pads.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

First sorry for the lack of a tracking number, we do our best that all orders go out with one.

As for the fit, my guess it's the G11 or the helmet at fault here.  We sometime have slight out spec mounts as well, happens with Norotos too.  If you like, please feel free to write jaimie at tnvc .dot com, we can send you a RMA and label to have a look see. I'd send the helmet and your G11 if you like.

Edit, in the future please do not hesitate to email us as well. We do not see every post on the blogs all the time....

Vic
View Quote
Thanks for responding.  I thought that tagging you @TNVC meant that it sent you an email notification.  Am still learning how to use the messenger system.

Appreciate your extension of the RMA offer.  Let me run this setup a bit longer and decide if it bothers me enough to go dark for a few days while it's off at summer camp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top