Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2017 4:43:04 PM EDT
I hunt critters with a P226 ir laser hand grip.  It malfunctioned under warranty but crimson trace does not have an IR version any longr.  Really dont want a railmaster.  Will a green or red laser hurt my pvs14?  Those are my replacement options for hand grips
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I hunt critters with a P226 ir laser hand grip.  It malfunctioned under warranty but crimson trace does not have an IR version any longr.  Really dont want a railmaster.  Will a green or red laser hurt my pvs14?  Those are my replacement options for hand grips
View Quote

Make them send you something you can sell.  Sell it then buy the CMR-201 online from someone else (I just got one from OP I think).
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Viewing a dot from a visible laser will not hurt the NVD any more than viewing an IR laser dot would. Do not look at the incoming beam (just like with IR).
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
A visible laser will make for a great long range aiming device, But I'd avoid looking at the beam track or dot at short distances.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
TNVC confirmed what you guys are saying.  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:05:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I was using my -14 and someone lit up the steel we were shooting at with an red OTAL. It took me a second to realize what was going on, and look away. I had a nice squiggly line that was burned onto my scope for a bit. Slowly it faded with use, but I was sick the rest of the night.  The steel was fairly close, I'd say twenty to thirty yards, we were shooting pistols and what not and someone busted out a pistol carbine with the laser. 
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was using my -14 and someone lit up the steel we were shooting at with an red OTAL. It took me a second to realize what was going on, and look away. I had a nice squiggly line that was burned onto my scope for a bit. Slowly it faded with use, but I was sick the rest of the night.  The steel was fairly close, I'd say twenty to thirty yards, we were shooting pistols and what not and someone busted out a pistol carbine with the laser. 
View Quote
I am sure that was an accident on the shooter's part....but I would still want to rick james slap that guy in the face.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I put a 30mm 720 IR bupass filter on my PVS14 and it really tones down a red visible laser- much more defined spot.

FWIW, I think DVOR had/ has an IR P226 grip on sale right now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Splash back from something behind your target is something to worry about with lasers.  Something like mud puddles or even wet gras even could, with the proper alignment of the planets cause an eye safe laser to becoming damaging, same with damage to your NVG.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Splash back from something behind your target is something to worry about with lasers.  Something like mud puddles or even wet gras even could, with the proper alignment of the planets cause an eye safe laser to becoming damaging, same with damage to your NVG.  
View Quote
No alignment of the planets is necessary. Given a close enough proximity, even dry earth can reflect enough 0.7mW IR laser to burn a tube. This is not conjecture. I have done it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top