Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2017 7:35:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Supplemental velcro will likely help with just the tip.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Supplemental velcro will likely help with just the tip.
View Quote
Lol, truth.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do I just need to get a section of stick-on velcro?
View Quote

It's what I did to mine .....

And that avatar !

Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought Crye Velcro online and used that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bought Crye Velcro online and used that.
View Quote
I'm not that fancy with Velcro. I just buy the regular stuff from McMaster-Carr - since it's all getting covered anyway, right? Do not use the super heavy duty adhesive Velcro in the desert, though. The adhesive is not rated for the heat and the Velcro will drift - I know from experience.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought an Ops Core helmet cover for my bump. It has a section of velcro at the top.  My Mohawk is currently on my other helmet but I plan on getting a 2nd one for the Ops Core. With the helmet cover I don't think there will be any issues. 
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Wally World sells the Velcro in I believe a 4 foot strip in a box in the hobby section.

That's where I purchased mine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wally World sells the Velcro in I believe a 4 foot strip in a box in the hobby section.

View Quote
I've bought some from Walmart on multiple occasions (usually for mounting tape switches), and I've never been happy with how it held. I got the Crye version for cheap (really cheap), but to be honest I haven't been out enough recently to know how well it's holding.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:53:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've bought some from Walmart on multiple occasions (usually for mounting tape switches), and I've never been happy with how it held. I got the Crye version for cheap (really cheap), but to be honest I haven't been out enough recently to know how well it's holding.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yours must have been made on a Monday or Friday.

The one I bought was pretty damn sticky......

Of course YMMV !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top