Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/9/2017 1:15:51 PM EDT
So the wife likes hiking and camping so last night we went to Usery Mountain. It was part of my plan.

I snuck the brain bucket and nods in the back seat and when we got there I put them on her. Well, good and bad result.

Bad result: I didn't get to use them all night.

Good result: I've been cleared to buy more so we can both use them.

So now I have to figure out if I want two 14's or just go for an actual setup like Mods 3's. Probably do the 14's due to cost.

As usual pics don't do it justice

Yes, that's a d2 on the side of the helmet. I just wanted to see how far it actually went due to all of this MAWL's illuminator is the strongest nonsense. So I took it off the AR and brought it. Let's just say I'd like to see the MAWL do almost 785 yards . Gotta be honest that was about 3/4 up the mountain. I'd bet it hit more than that. By a bit. Way farther than I'd ever shoot.

Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#1]
that's cool
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. 
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Goggles?? Night vision?? WHERE??? Sorry I'm not seeing it! Nice and nice!
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats why i went with mod-3's and bought her a helmet. She doesnt know it yet, but next time we go out at night she'll have her own rig, and we can go out together. I need to build up that spare 10160 tube i have and get the 7 year old hooked up so we all can go out.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]
The NV is not bad either
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thats why i went with mod-3's and bought her a helmet. She doesnt know it yet, but next time we go out at night she'll have her own rig, and we can go out together. I need to build up that spare 10160 tube i have and get the 7 year old hooked up so we all can go out.
View Quote
I just built up an ACT Lunox with a blem tube for my kids to screw around with. They are already addicted.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#7]
You sir are an extraordinarily lucky man and you got the ok to buy another set of NOD's to boot....... Priceless
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nice. 
View Quote
Nods or his wife's cleavage??
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#9]
When you said "you took your wife out last night," I though you meant you did her in!
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Dayum! Nice set...of nods.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#11]
This should progress into BOTD forum. Just saying....
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:05:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice! I never even considered doing Usery! I always head out to four peaks and drive around aimlessly until I find somewhere that looks good to look from. 
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn dude.... win all around!
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Tech forum so I'll just say that you have some nice night vision.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#16]
good laaaawddd

look at them nods!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Let's be real, this entire post was just an excuse to show off your wife.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Only a pole smoking homo would complain.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
No i did that in the helmet thread.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah I'd like to go this route. It'll ju$t take $ome time lol
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
When you said "you took your wife out last night," I though you meant you did her in!
View Quote
Sometimes man.....sometimes the thought crosses my mind. Lol
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nice! I never even considered doing Usery! I always head out to four peaks and drive around aimlessly until I find somewhere that looks good to look from. 
View Quote
It turned out awesome. One direction is total dark mountain trail and the other is the awesome view of all the lights.

I just wish it was open past 10pm. We were on.....wind cave trail. I think that's what it's called. Highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
FYI,

The MAWL will do 800 maybe more depending on the lighting conditions and with less visible signature.
View Quote
I don't believe that for one second. You should send me one to prove it!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It turned out awesome. One direction is total dark mountain trail and the other is the awesome view of all the lights.

I just wish it was open past 10pm. We were on.....wind cave trail. I think that's what it's called. Highly recommend it.
View Quote
When you said "Usery Pass" I assumed you meant Usery Pass - not some "Usery Pass Special Area". Just go to the actual pass - open 24/7.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Did you get the car fixed?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Nice nods
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:33:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Those are some really nice goggles
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:39:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I drive 4 peaks in my RZR blacks out with IR lights.

ARF group NV outing ?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:45:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
When you said "Usery Pass" I assumed you meant Usery Pass - not some "Usery Pass Special Area". Just go to the actual pass - open 24/7.
View Quote
Sorry.   It's Usery Mountain recreation area. Once you enter you have to pay $6 unless there is some other way to get in that I'm not aware of.  From what I've read they close at ten but I don't know if that's a "hard close" where everyone has to gtfo or they just don't let anyone else in.  

I'm guessing the later since they allow camping there.

Once in the specific trail we go to is "wind cave trailhead" which is on wind cave drive.

Very easy to find. Once you enter the park.

3939 N Usery Pass Rd
Mesa, AZ  85207
United States

You want to go sometime soon?  Although now that my wife has tasted it I might not be able to ditch her and the kid so we might not be able to move like we did on our last outing.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

ARF group NV outing ?
View Quote
Someone is trying to get a shoot going in the hometown forum but it seems to be stalling.

I'd love to go night shooting. I might have a place but I have to double check to make sure no odd or weird laws are being broken.

But yeah. I want to go out shooting at night bad.

Can't we shoot at 4 peaks after dark?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:09:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Goggles?? Night vision?? WHERE??? Sorry I'm not seeing it! Nice and nice!
View Quote
that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:27:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Even if it was who gives a shit?

Either way; nice wife nice nods. I'd go with the PVS14s they work great for me and good to see you got a IR designator.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:53:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Even if it was who gives a shit?

Either way; nice wife nice nods. I'd go with the PVS14s they work great for me and good to see you got a IR designator.
View Quote
The only reason I got the 7's was price and I didn't love the gen 1 monocle I had before but probably because it was gen 1. I really like having both eyes in green and I'm not kicking doors so......

Now that I have the green light from the minister of finance I'll get a 14 and eventually a second one so I can have duals. Of course she will probably take them but at least I'll be able to drool on them at home when I'm pretending I'm Rambo.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:55:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Did you get the car fixed?
View Quote
Said F it. That's what insurance is for. I was blown away when she was like, don't sell these. Just go through insurance.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:54:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

ARF group NV outing ?
View Quote
Man, that'd be a lot of fun! I've been strapping an IR flashlight to my rhino's roll cage and taking off down a road. Last time I did that was about a month ago down the other side of Arivaca on a camp out with some co-workers. Got almost to the highway on an old ranch road and got dazzled by something or other (must have been a flashlight because it didn't damage my 14). I stopped and turned the headlights and KC lights on, there sat two Border Patrol guys in full multicam, rifles slung and quite a few questions for me. 

They were looking for some guys in the hills behind our camp for most of the night, I told him where we were camped and we came to the agreement that I'd go back and my group would stay in camp for the rest of the night to avoid them inadvertently tracking us. I told him we'd leave IR strobes on our vehicles so they knew who not to shoot, he didn't think that was too funny. 
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:00:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Someone is trying to get a shoot going in the hometown forum but it seems to be stalling.

I'd love to go night shooting. I might have a place but I have to double check to make sure no odd or weird laws are being broken.

But yeah. I want to go out shooting at night bad.

Can't we shoot at 4 peaks after dark?
View Quote
I used to get off work at 2230 in phoenix, and drive out there to shoot pistols and what not. Only got stopped by DPS once who just happened was across the road and heard shots. He said to be safe and drove away. There is also Box Canyon in Florence, I've shot out there after dark with the truck lights on a few times. Only been harassed once by some weird guy who was camping a mile or so up the road (unknown to us at the time) from out of state and threatened to call the cops on the group of us.  I think BLM land would be the only issue that would cause a problem. 
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:30:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Man, that'd be a lot of fun! I've been strapping an IR flashlight to my rhino's roll cage and taking off down a road. Last time I did that was about a month ago down the other side of Arivaca on a camp out with some co-workers. Got almost to the highway on an old ranch road and got dazzled by something or other (must have been a flashlight because it didn't damage my 14). I stopped and turned the headlights and KC lights on, there sat two Border Patrol guys in full multicam, rifles slung and quite a few questions for me. 

They were looking for some guys in the hills behind our camp for most of the night, I told him where we were camped and we came to the agreement that I'd go back and my group would stay in camp for the rest of the night to avoid them inadvertently tracking us. I told him we'd leave IR strobes on our vehicles so they knew who not to shoot, he didn't think that was too funny. 
View Quote
I have a couple of places to shoot NV. No laws broken. Email me and we can get something together.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:29:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Holy God.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#39]
my wife approved after getting a chance to look at the sky on a clear night with NV. After a couple shooting stars she wanted to buy her own haha
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Holy God.
View Quote
This.

Gat Dang.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
No doubt his wife is smoking and it's probably one of the reasons he married her. The world is filled with beautiful women and as long as people are respectful there shouldn't be a problem. My wife is also extremely hot and I have pics of her in a bikini and friends and co-workers say why do I let people see them? To me it's not a big deal it's just another good looking girl in a bathing suit, but I'm the lucky one married to her. Sure there are funny comments and off color jokes being made, but it's all in fun as I do the same thing when a good looking girl passes by.

Back to the OP: Soooooo are the NODs factory or after market upgraded?

Also it's very cute your daughter put on your helmet rig, maybe a cheap digital PVS14 would be ideal for her in the future.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No doubt his wife is smoking and it's probably one of the reasons he married her. The world is filled with beautiful women and as long as people are respectful there shouldn't be a problem. My wife is also extremely hot and I have pics of her in a bikini and friends and co-workers say why do I let people see them? To me it's not a big deal it's just another good looking girl in a bathing suit, but I'm the lucky one married to her. Sure there are funny comments and off color jokes being made, but it's all in fun as I do the same thing when a good looking girl passes by.

Back to the OP: Soooooo are the NODs factory or after market upgraded?

Also it's very cute your daughter put on your helmet rig, maybe a cheap digital PVS14 would be ideal for her in the future.
View Quote
You get it. When you marry into "hot", after a while.....you just get use to it I guess?  I don't care how she dresses or stuff like that. She's just my wife.

Don't get me wrong I don't take her for granted but after 11 years it's not like, OMG she's hot!!! Everyday.

I don't get bent over who looks at her.  I didn't really marry for looks. They were just a bonus. I had a decent amount of hot girlfriends that I wouldn't have married to save my life. My wife is one of the few normal women out there. That's why I married her.

Those goggles are definitely not stock units lol.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I used to get off work at 2230 in phoenix, and drive out there to shoot pistols and what not. Only got stopped by DPS once who just happened was across the road and heard shots. He said to be safe and drove away. There is also Box Canyon in Florence, I've shot out there after dark with the truck lights on a few times. Only been harassed once by some weird guy who was camping a mile or so up the road (unknown to us at the time) from out of state and threatened to call the cops on the group of us.  I think BLM land would be the only issue that would cause a problem. 
View Quote
Well I'm down if you guys are.

Should we get together and shoot in the daytime first so we get comfortable around each other before making it ten times more complicated by doing it at night? Lol.

I don't care either way. I'm sure you guys are fine.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Nice rack.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
my wife approved after getting a chance to look at the sky on a clear night with NV. After a couple shooting stars she wanted to buy her own haha
View Quote
Yup. I had to stuff it on her head at first. Glad I did lol.

Luckily she is aching to go camping so I'm going to have to get a 14, quickly.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#47]
nice nods
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No, but you can always make friends with somebody who has one.
View Quote
Might be soon
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#49]
nvm
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Why do you even need NODs, aren't the headlights enough?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top