Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2017 4:31:20 PM EDT
Thinking about taking a crowbar to my wallet to get one.
I would like to find a used one but they seem to never pop up....

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Thinking about taking a crowbar to my wallet to get one.
I would like to find a used one but they seem to never pop up....

View Quote

I have the legacy INVG (I took a chance on a FleaBay purchase) and it is TITS. I can only assume the Hyper version is even TITtier.

ETA: it's pretty heavy. A Hyper LoSto would be pretty awesome, without as much weight penalty.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Out of curiosity, why is the G24 better for a dual tube setup and/or why is the INVG better for a single tube? I'm debating between the two mounts at the moment, and wasn't aware one was better suited to particular setups than the other.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking about posting this exact topic on my commute home. To further specify:

Is there any mount and arm combination that stows a single PVS14 more compactly than the INVG-hyper and the dual dovetail adapter?

How does the G24 and dovetail J-arm compare when stowed? Would half of their PVS14 bridge system offer even lower profile stowage by letting the 14 hinge into the footprint of the helmet? ($$$$$$$$!)
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I can at least speak about the INVG and dual tube systems. The INVG appears to sit further out than the G24 and the pivoting from side to side isn't very useful for a dual tube for storage on the helmet since the other assembly would be sticking out, provided you can even rotate it enough before one of the tubes hits the helmet.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, best mount is a really subjective thing & you're going to get a ton of answers to that around here. As far as the INVG goes, its a very well made mount, though a bit of a one trick pony. It's great for a monocular & the ability to stow that monocular against your dome is pretty great. I suspect that Navy guys had a big hand in its development because the need to stow your mono that close seems like it would be tits when you are bending & crawling around very confined spaces, like ships.

The problem with it is, that you really don't want to use dual tubes with it, simply because you cant take advantage of the stow position. You have one tube kinda sorta against your helmet & then another off in space, sticking out of your forehead. Another issue, more for professional users is that its a force to overcome mount & if you are going hands on with someone, you really want a mount that locks, so someone can't grab your goggles & slam them over your eyes, when you're trying to tune their shit up. Though, the INVG's post is so stout, I'm sure you could break someones face with it if they tried to get handsy

One thing I found with my INVG, after getting an AKA2, is that the AKA2 with a DDA, was able to get my 14 much more in the center of my natural vision. What this let me do was have my unaided eye be able to take over for a second or two & give the other a rest. This extended the time before my eyes went bonkers from having only a monocular. You can swing the INVG over, but it isnt ideal at all.

The thing with AKA2's & G24's is that they are more versatile, now & down the line if you in any way want dual tubes, are thinking of dual tubes etc. You don't want to do what I did & spend 500 on a mount that works great with a monocular and then go huh... I could sure go for some dual tubes and then not have a mount that isn't really going to work long term with goggles. Sure the stow option is awesome, but again, unless you really need it to go into confined spaces, you arent missing much.

I can't stress enough how much I preferred my AKA2 w/ DDA combo after I got it. I never really used my INVG after that because it felt much easier to use the mono centered in my vision as much as possible. In fact, if anyone has a G24 laying around that they want to trade straight up for an INVG, I'd think about    Just because like I said, INVG really seems to be a one trick pony.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 3:52:12 AM EDT
[#7]
For a mono, the INVG is my absolute favorite mount.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:56:09 AM EDT
[#8]
What's different between the AKA2 and INVG that allows you to better positiom the mnvd? They both feature vertical, tilt, and fore-aft adjustment? Doesn't the INVG have more fore/aft and about the same tilt/vert? Using the same adapter arm?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the INVG with dovetail adapter.
It's the only thing I've ever known, but I really like it.

FO
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have the legacy INVG (I took a chance on a FleaBay purchase) and it is TITS. I can only assume the Hyper version is even TITtier.

ETA: it's pretty heavy. A Hyper LoSto would be pretty awesome, without as much weight penalty.
View Quote
Can anyone compare/contrast the differences between an INVG and an INVG Hyper aside from the obvious breakaway feature?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The thing with AKA2's & G24's is that they are more versatile, now & down the line if you in any way want dual tubes, are thinking of dual tubes etc. You don't want to do what I did & spend 500 on a mount that works great with a monocular and then go huh... I could sure go for some dual tubes and then not have a mount that isn't really going to work long term with goggles. Sure the stow option is awesome, but again, unless you really need it to go into confined spaces, you arent missing much.
View Quote
I'd like to get duals at some point so sounds like G24 may be the option for me. Sacrifice a little with the mono only but that will allow me to still have a good mount down the line with the binos. Sounds like a winner to me
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#12]
The main difference between the "hyper" family of mounts and the various prior versions is ditching the top vertical adjustment knob and the fore/aft adjustment buttons, infavor of clamping levers that allow you to unlock, freely set the adjustment along the axis of travel and then lock the adjustment down. Also, they can quickly convert from dovetail to bayonet socket.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The main difference between the "hyper" family of mounts and the various prior versions is ditching the top vertical adjustment knob and the fore/aft adjustment buttons, infavor of clamping levers that allow you to unlock, freely set the adjustment along the axis of travel and then lock the adjustment down. Also, they can quickly convert from dovetail to bayonet socket.
View Quote
This and the breakaway are all I'm aware of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top