Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2017 5:18:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting article - worth reading, thanks Vic. 

But I still think there's got to be a time when face melting power is still desirable.

Water Cooled 72,000 Lumen LED Flashlight!!

And some people are heading there - 

Interestingly, a small strong beam can still be used quite effectively if it's tight enough and powerful enough. It would be good to see any future articles that get written looking at some of the actual tactical uses of different flashlight characteristics if there's ever any followups to the article -

Thanks
David
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Good read. Once I finally started carrying an E1D LED Defender everyday I was amazed at how much it actually came in handy. I couldn't imagine not carrying a handheld light all the time now.

Looks like Jeff/The Range are doing some awesome things, can't wait for more content coming out from their neck of the woods. Really need to drive out and check out the new facility, I've heard nothing but praise.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Navy puke *snicker*

I agree. I went from no light to a decent for its size keychain light to a handheld 600 lumen Olight warrior.

I like the "Vanishing Victim" drill by John Lovell. I love everything that guy says in fact.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess that makes me "that guy" then.

EDC
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Good short article.  I carry a flashlight with me every day.  As an office drone, something that pokes out of the pocket is not a scarlet letter I'm willing to wear.  The Fenix LD01 is a perfect solution for someone who has to wear dress clothes and doesn't want to look like a mall ninja.  72 lumens on hi, and 3 lumens on low.  I have literally NEVER needed more light in an EDC situation than this little guy can provide (and if I did, I'd just walk to the truck to grab an 800-lumen torch).  

The LD01 is completely forgotten once it's in your pocket.  See pic for size reference.  Everyone should own one.

When I go to a movie that is 30.06 in Texas (so no CHL), I take a flashlight and a knife.  At movie theater distances, the light might be the more powerful weapon.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top