Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2017 4:59:53 PM EDT
Ok, have a problem with my PVS14.  It just appeared Saturday when i went out.  Had been fine before that.  But, when i look directly overhead, or make a quick movement in any direction (head shake) it cuts off.  It is like i'm flipping the unit up and its auto shutting off......but i'm not. Is this a simple fix, or do i need to send it in?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Your problem is most likely the poorly designed auto cutoff feature. Most of us defeat it if it bothers us - I do.

You can pull the magnet from the RHNO or mask the contacts on the main housing with electrical tape.

Personally I pull the magnet and gut the wiring from the J-Arm while I have it apart because I modify my J-Arms anyway.

We visited this topic last week or maybe a little before that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ok, have a problem with my PVS14.  It just appeared Saturday when i went out.  Had been fine before that.  But, when i look directly overhead, or make a quick movement in any direction (head shake) it cuts off.  It is like i'm flipping the unit up and its auto shutting off......but i'm not. Is this a simple fix, or do i need to send it in?
View Quote

When I was out and about with a fellow board member a few times I looked down at obstacles and my unit cut off. It's most likely your Rhino mount if you're using one.

Otherwise it might be the wires.

Either way should be simple fix. If it's the Rhino ditch that box looking thing where the j arm inserts into the Rhino mount. It's at the back of the mount.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Its in a dual dovetail mount and norotos rhino, if that makes any difference...
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never used a Rhino Mount that still had the magnet, lol.

Just defeat the switch in the j-arm, or get a different mounting system. I've been nothing but happy with my AKA2 and Dual Dovetail setup. It's 1000x better than j-arm + rhino2 Ti.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top