Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2017 8:47:38 AM EDT
I was working on the flip cap for my pvs14 this weekend and got looking at the objective lens retaining ring.

I noticed there are places for two set screws but I only have one. are there supposed to be two?
I have probably only put about 20 hours on it, I got it new from TNVC.

Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The set screw is screwed in place once the focus adjustment is set. There are 2 holes but only one screw is needed/provided.
View Quote
Cool, thanks Sam.

now all I need are some coyotes to shoot at. I've only got a shot at one so far.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Funny I literally just noticed this on mine last night and was sorta wondering....
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was working on the flip cap for my pvs14 this weekend and got looking at the objective lens retaining ring.

I noticed there are places for two set screws but I only have one. are there supposed to be two?
I have probably only put about 20 hours on it, I got it new from TNVC.
View Quote
Like TNVC said, you only need one set screw. That is not a retaining ring. It is the infinity focus stop ring. If it goes out of adjustment your PVS-14 does not fall apart. It's only there to make your lens automatically be very close to infinity focus when it is screwed all the way in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top