Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2017 4:11:05 PM EDT
I need to vent a little.   Took my MK II 35 mm and upgraded through their program to a 60mm  MK III.     after placing a few phone calls to speak with a representative.  Two of my phone calls during the experience were not returned.  I first called to see why my core was being replaced and the second time to discuss the nuances of using the ETR function.

Was told the first time the rep was in a meeting and the second time he was on the phone.  Both times my numbers were taken and no return phone calls.   So I wrote them a letter today via email discussing this.   Dave Rhomberg took good care of me after the sale.  As far as answering technical questions.  Miss that guy.  He is since out of the picture after  IRdefense was purchased by Trijicon.     I also noticed that the new units are coming with a manual and a case.   I did get flash cards with my unit but via that email I requested to be sent a manual since I have never got one and would like an explanation on some of the features like ETR. (which the ETR functions isn't really addressed other than how to turn it on)

So,  I get a response today that they were sorry about not returning my calls and that If I wanted a manual I'd have to call and give them my CC information for a $15.99 charge for a manual.  WTF?   I just spent $2495 to have the unit upgraded and they want more?   That and along with the price increases that new units are seeing, they look greedy.    I'm a little pissed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Not on the level of your issue but my battery extender on my Reap-IR stripped out and they had a new one out to me in the mail that day.  All done via email.  This was just a few days ago.  Must be kind of hit or miss.  Might let Vic try to get in touch with someone for you.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Vic

Shit I hate to complain but a manual?

Lucille isnt happy happy

Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you but I have one one the way.  I am thinking about scanning it myself and posting it for anyone who wants one. Save people the money.  Stick it to the man!  Money is less the issue than the principle of already having paid for the unit an additional amount for the upgrade.  More of a principle a manual should of been included.  Dont think Ive ever been charged for a manual
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:41:42 AM EDT
[#8]
The one constant thing I've heard about trijicons CS is that it's hit or miss. Really good or really lousy.

Not acceptable given the amount of money they charge IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top