Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2017 6:54:52 PM EDT
I've got a PVS30 on the way. Need to know if it's compatible with a scope mounted on a 20 MOA base.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:04:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

All quality collimated clip-ons  should have no POA/POI shift when mounted with a canted base up to 20moa.
View Quote

Is 20MOA the limit?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is 20MOA the limit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All quality collimated clip-ons  should have no POA/POI shift when mounted with a canted base up to 20moa.

Is 20MOA the limit?
Damn good question. I'm about to be in this boat myself. I'm listening, too.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Outside of this you can start ro see some shifts and slight vignetting.  I  have never used a cant outside of 25MOA in our testing of clip-ons. Also these cants take in account dissimilar cants between the day scope and the clip-on.  If one uses a continuous canted rail where the day optic and clip-on are on the same plane, moot point. Just wanted to be clear in that.
View Quote
Understood. My SR25 wears a 0 MOA mount and will probably be used with the PVS30 the most but my reason for asking is I'm shopping around for an AI AX 6.5 which all have 20 MOA bases/straight forend rails. It sounds like I have nothing to worry about: the PVS30 is compatible with 20 MOA angled optics and realistically a 6.5 Creed doesn't need anymore angle than that. Thanks for your help TNVC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top