Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2017 1:25:02 PM EDT
I normally use my 300 blackout for hunting pigs.   I just upgraded my MK II to  a MKIII and should have it this afternoon delivery.  It has 4 presets, so I'd like to try other hosts.  What's fun?

I have a 22LR (fvsr or 22 AR platform) 17 hornet,  308,  223 that I can try (all suppressed).   I'd like something stealthy and quiet, so I might try my 17 hornet suppressed for some long range varmint control.   What do you guys use?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a pain to aim, because the thermal is so far forward on the 22 dovetail, but I use my IR Patrol on an integrally suppressed Marlin 22LR quite often. Almost every night in summer.
It is a hoot to shoot voles and mice from the deck. It is absolutely silent 20 feet away.
We are in the sticks and I have 100 yards of safe shooting while protecting the garden from the critters.
The other animals I leave alone. They can't get into the garden under the wire, and we have no livestock or crops at risk.
I never cease to be amazed that even the very smallest animals are as obvious as Christmas lights in thermal and often invisible to the PVS-14 which is on the other eye.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats what Im looking to do with either a 22 or my 17 hornet.   The hornet sounds really nice with my harvester on it.   And its deviststing to rabbits and racoons
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top