Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
4/25/2017 7:42:44 PM
Posted: 3/13/2017 1:25:02 PM EDT
I normally use my 300 blackout for hunting pigs. I just upgraded my MK II to a MKIII and should have it this afternoon delivery. It has 4 presets, so I'd like to try other hosts. What's fun?

I have a 22LR (fvsr or 22 AR platform) 17 hornet, 308, 223 that I can try (all suppressed). I'd like something stealthy and quiet, so I might try my 17 hornet suppressed for some long range varmint control. What do you guys use?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:22:09 PM EDT
It's a pain to aim, because the thermal is so far forward on the 22 dovetail, but I use my IR Patrol on an integrally suppressed Marlin 22LR quite often. Almost every night in summer.
It is a hoot to shoot voles and mice from the deck. It is absolutely silent 20 feet away.
We are in the sticks and I have 100 yards of safe shooting while protecting the garden from the critters.
The other animals I leave alone. They can't get into the garden under the wire, and we have no livestock or crops at risk.
I never cease to be amazed that even the very smallest animals are as obvious as Christmas lights in thermal and often invisible to the PVS-14 which is on the other eye.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:32:03 PM EDT
Thats what Im looking to do with either a 22 or my 17 hornet. The hornet sounds really nice with my harvester on it. And its deviststing to rabbits and racoons
Top Top