Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2017 12:58:22 AM EDT
I was looking around for reviews on the Q14 and saw where MAC made a comment a few days ago that the Q14/B will "self-destruct"  if used as a weapons sight.  Seeing as there are little to know info I was hoping someone who has experience with these might chime in.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#1]
What thread was that? I'm not aware of any issues, and FLIR is outstanding on warranty work.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was looking around for reviews on the Q14 and saw where MAC made a comment a few days ago that the Q14/B will "self-destruct"  if used as a weapons sight.  Seeing as there are little to know info I was hoping someone who has experience with these might chime in.
View Quote

FLIR isn't going to market and warranty something as a Weapons Sight that cannot be used as a Weapons Sight.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Just don't use it on anything larger than a .308.

Recoil resistance is specified @ 700 grams on the TAU2 model.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#4]
That's great the hear! I want one manly and a hand held but I like the WM option.   Here is the link to their post

https://www.full30.com/video/d4aa75c471ee8f1f05cfd28a05184467
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I really dislike hinting at criticism.  If you are going to be critical of a product, at least explain why.  Not some "I have a secret" bullshit.

"What FLIR failed to mention to everyone is that the sight will self destruct if used on a firearm. That's a big oversight on a product that has a reticle in it and they were telling everyone it was head mountable and weapons mountable."
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just don't use it on anything larger than a .308.

Recoil resistance is specified @ 700 grams on the TAU2 model.
View Quote

700 GRAVS I assume?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Seeing that the OP posted this specifically about the new Q-14Boson, self destructing when utilized on a rifle, where did this come from as there are no Q-14 Bosons in anyone's hands anywhere as of yet?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:56:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Seeing that the OP posted this specifically about the new Q-14Boson, self destructing when utilized on a rifle, where did this come from as there are no Q-14 Bosons in anyone's hands anywhere as of yet?
View Quote

A recoil induced malfunction wouldn't really be "self destructing" either, would it?  

Wasn't the example at shot 1 of 1?  If anyone did have them, I would assume that they were for pre-production testing.  In that case, I wouldn't expect everything to be up to snuff and the kinks were still being worked on.

Like I said, what a jack-ass-y statement....
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:23:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's great the hear! I want one manly and a hand held but I like the WM option.   Here is the link to their post

https://www.full30.com/video/d4aa75c471ee8f1f05cfd28a05184467
View Quote

Made hot
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A recoil induced malfunction wouldn't really be "self destructing" either, would it?  

Wasn't the example at shot 1 of 1?  If anyone did have them, I would assume that they were for pre-production testing.  In that case, I wouldn't expect everything to be up to snuff and the kinks were still being worked on.

Like I said, what a jack-ass-y statement....
View Quote

The one at Shot was the only preproduction model in existence.....prior to the production shipping out real soon.

The one at Shot did not self destruct either so that statement is pretty much BS.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Made hot
View Quote
?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Made hot
?

I made your link hot. I was on an iPhone, and it is hard to CCP a link. Quoting you is easy. Adding the URL tags makes it hot for every one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok! I tried to get it to put it in a link but it wouldn't open on my iPad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top