Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2017 9:54:57 PM EDT
You guys that have units with WPT tubes is there really that much difference between them and good OMNI 7 and 8 tubes to justify switching over to them
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#1]
My WPT has a better image and performance in lower light than my old green tube but the specs below can explain that. A great tube is a great tube whether it is green or white to me. Personally for me i prefer WPT as it does not cause discomfort over what i consider long periods of use versus green. I also feel darker coated animals "pop" more apparent than green but light color coated animals can wash in at distance if not foreground to lets say a treeline. Consider my girlfriends legs versus her hair and my rifle contrasting against the grass and gravel road in my video. That is all I have bud, hope it helps.

~U.S. Gen3 L3 MILSPEC OMNI VIII~

Green Tube / White Phosphor Tube "Blem"

Photocathode Sensitivity: 2407 / 2415

Resolution: 64 / 72

SNR: 28.6 / 36.3

Halo: 0.9 / .81

EBI: 1.4 / 0.5

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I didnt care for my wpt, so I went back to green filmless. If you already have a good autogated tube, you may not notice a drastic change.

The thing about the newer filmless wpt tubes is that they typically have some killer specs. Will you notice a difference? On most nights probably not.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
It does seem after watching the video that if you are using thermals with night vision it would be an easier transition on your vision going back and forth between the two.  Especially if you have a nvg on one eye and you are using a scope and spotter on the other.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:26:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a TNVC WP pvs-14 during theit blem sale in October. It is very nice...35 s/n, 64lpmm.

However, I have a pair of hand select ITT NE Omni 7 from TNVC that have fantastic images. I got them back when they didn't come with spec sheets so I dont know their specific specs....but I can tell you that they are a lot better than my ITT NE Omni 8 with 28 s/n, 64lpmm (also from TNVC, im a proud supporter of their retirement fund).

The Omni 7 pinnacle are almost as good as the L3 WP imo.

If I were to buy another one, which i'm thinking about, i would probably go with an L3 filmless in green if I could get one with high specs and a clean screen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top