Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2017 3:02:52 PM EDT
I was looking at maybe buying one and I just saw that IR defense is discontinuing the IR Defense Reap thermal scope. Does anyone know why
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
On optics plant web site

Reap
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 4:01:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]
OpticsPlanet has many items listed as discontinued that are still obtainable from other vendors. I suspect it may be because they have discontinued handling the item, who knows.  Several times I changed a search criteria for an item and then the item is listed as being for sale yet with them. Weird.

I think Vic is correct.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Not discontinued but now is a Trijicon Reap-IR not an IR Defense Reap-IR.  Same exact thing as before but just different labeling and such.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks alot guys I see now whereThey are just switching the branding from IR Defense to Trijicon EO. I should have caught that.

I see they did go up about 395.00 in price though
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have plenty of the IR Defense branded REAP-IR units in stock for $500 less than the new Trijicon branded units. Give us a shout if you have any questions.  
View Quote

The leftover units are a good deal.  The Trijicon units are 7995 and the IRD units are here and there for 7495.  I could be wrong but I think maybe the Trijicon unit comes with a slightly better warranty but don't quote me on that.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:46:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Are these the best in the price range? Do you recommend anything else in place of?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
These are the best scopes on the market without a doubt. FYI I found out the warranty on the housing and optics now falls under Trijicon optics "limited lifetime" warranty. 
View Quote
See I tried to tell you the Trijicon branded units had better warranty
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Does that warranty apply to the ones sold by IRD also since I guess they will be handling the warranty on them now. It's the same scope just a different name
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does that warranty apply to the ones sold by IRD also since I guess they will be handling the warranty on them now. It's the same scope just a different name
View Quote
Hard to say.  I could see Trijicon saying only their branded units apply to their lifetime warranty since they had no control over QC before the acquisition.  Or they could take care of everybody.  The odds of having a housing issue are pretty slim though.  The sensor and guts still carry a 3 year.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I had the Armasight 75mm and that was just to much magnification for me. Not enough field of view. Another member here in another post told me it would be. So ditto on his I told you so. But I also had an Armasight 42mm 640 unit.

So I returned the 75mm and got a great deal on the very last IR HUNTER MK2 35mm Opticsplanet had in stock. Did an exchange. Got the MK2 for 5700 and some change shipped after discounts. Just got it today. I wish I'd known it did not come with a front lens cover though. I know it takes a #45 butler creek cap now. Oh well I'll order it. From Joe Bob if they have it on my next order from them

After using an Armasight it will take some getting use to operating the MK2 the digital focus throws me off a little. It seems easier just to reach up and turn the objective. I'll play with it more tonight. Going shooting right now. Just got in 4 new suppressors last week I want to try out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top