Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2017 7:10:36 AM EDT
Bought a Wilcox L4 G01 mount, second hand, for PVS23/F5050 goggles thinking Sentinels fit the same mold - is that assumption off?

The ball/detent fit in the Wilcox mount, but when I try to run power from the mount it doesn't work - something seems off and I'm thinking I bought the wrong style mount.

Help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmm I think it should work since those work with any ANVIS.

I'm around the Austin, TX area with an AI SAM mount and also a Sentinel if you are close we could get together to swap mounts / goggles for a minute to see if it works.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmm I think it should work since those work with any ANVIS.

I'm around the Austin, TX area with an AI SAM mount and also a Sentinel if you are close we could get together to swap mounts / goggles for a minute to see if it works.
View Quote

I appreciate the offer - I'm in ATX as well - and I actually have an AI SAM mount already, No issue there, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try a different set of goggles if it boils down to it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I appreciate the offer - I'm in ATX as well - and I actually have an AI SAM mount already, No issue there, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try a different set of goggles if it boils down to it.
View Quote

Have you tried hooking a multimeter up to the Wilcox to see its powering on?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#4]
So, this is interesting--

I was able to isolate the issue to the power capsule / clicky-cap configuration with a multimeter. Turns out that there is too much threading on the power capsule and the clicky-cap was not properly engaging the battery when the cap was turned-down to the point of no thread exposure on the capsule. It didn't matter whether the cap was compressed or decompressed--it appears the capsule was stuck in the "off" position. Releasing the clicky-cap to minimum thread exposure allows the unit to work, which is a relief. The cap is still tight and it doesn't seem like it will come loose with usage.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So, this is interesting--

I was able to isolate the issue to the power capsule / clicky-cap configuration with a multimeter. Turns out that there is too much threading on the power capsule and the clicky-cap was not properly engaging the battery when the cap was turned-down to the point of no thread exposure on the capsule. It didn't matter whether the cap was compressed or decompressed--it appears the capsule was stuck in the "off" position. Releasing the clicky-cap to minimum thread exposure allows the unit to work, which is a relief. The cap is still tight and it doesn't seem like it will come loose with usage.
View Quote

Maybe throw an O ring on the threaded side so it stops where you need it to?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Contact Wilcox and get it repaired or replaced. They have great CS in my experience. They have repaired several mount items for me over the years at no cost.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:52:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had a prong on the Sentinel adapter stick and not allow power to the goggle. You may want to check the contacts where the adapter meets the housing.
Just a thought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top