Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2017 5:08:11 PM EDT
Ok I have not got my thermal yet. It will be here Monday. I got the battery pack with it. If what I understand from what I read here on the forum. You can either use the battery pack or the dvr recorder but not both at the same time. Is this correct. But I think from what I read also that there's a y adaptor of some kind that allows you to use the battery pack and dvr at the same time. Is this right
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok I have not got my thermal yet. It will be here Monday. I got the battery pack with it. If what I understand from what I read here on the forum. You can either use the battery pack or the dvr recorder but not both at the same time. Is this correct. But I think from what I read also that there's a y adaptor of some kind that allows you to use the battery pack and dvr at the same time. Is this right
View Quote

Did you ever get an answer to this firemedic?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:02:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes the scope can with a y adaptor as well as the extended battery pack. So I ended up with two types of y adaptors. Have not seen a mdvr yet to see if these will work. But hey I got two one should work. Now that I've got the scope the battery pack would work alot better if it had a L connector instead of a straight on that sticks straight up. It gets in the way of operation of scope with right hand.  

I think I'm going to get the UNV DVR. I read reviews that stated it was a better recording system. Also I'm going to buy the pulsar HD38A mono to use as a scanner optics planet has them right now at 12% off.

Later I'm buying the trail when it comes out to. These things are like crack. There goes my corvette money from my midlife crisis funds. I guess I'll try to get that hot blond with a prius because if I keep buying thermals that's all I'll be able to afford
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#3]
You're not kidding.  They're super addicting.  I'd say even more so than NFA stuff.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes the scope can with a y adaptor as well as the extended battery pack. So I ended up with two types of y adaptors. Have not seen a mdvr yet to see if these will work. But hey I got two one should work. Now that I've got the scope the battery pack would work alot better if it had a L connector instead of a straight on that sticks straight up. It gets in the way of operation of scope with right hand.  

I think I'm going to get the UNV DVR. I read reviews that stated it was a better recording system. Also I'm going to buy the pulsar HD38A mono to use as a scanner optics planet has them right now at 12% off.

Later I'm buying the trail when it comes out to. These things are like crack. There goes my corvette money from my midlife crisis funds. I guess I'll try to get that hot blond with a prius because if I keep buying thermals that's all I'll be able to afford
View Quote

Ahhh got ya! Thanks for the info. Ive found a Zeus 640 2-16 for a really good price locally and am thinking about jumping on it. I was going to wait for all the new stuff coming out but the price the guy is asking is really making me reconsider waiting.

Lol! No not the corvette fund!!! Im actually at that point in my life as well and a fast/flashy car is on my horizon soon
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought a ZEUS 2 640 42mm with the battery pack at a great deal. Will be here Wednesday. I'm still going to get the pulsar when they become available.

I just loan myself the money and pay myself back interest free. 6 month loan. When I pay off this Zeus then I'll buy another
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top