Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2017 2:49:16 AM EDT
So based on some setups i've seen here and other places, i've been wanting to get a set of dual tube NVG's for a while now, and finally started saving up for a pair of them. I have alot of experience using 14's when I was active, but got to look through 15s once and thought they were the tits, but from what i've read, are not really worth the cost anymore.

I want to get the best right out of the gate, I feel that White Phosphor Sentinels would be a good choice, but since they are such a bigger investment than 14's I do have some questions though, and please correct me if any of my assumptions are incorrect.

I'll probably be able to afford the TNVC WP sentinels by next christmas. I would be willing to save up more(a whole lot more) if they were going to release PVS-31's for civilians, is there any chance of that happening in the near/far future?

It seems like the ANVIS mount is the only way to have a remote battery setup  which I would like to run on sentinels, and there seems like a huge difference in the price between the normal surface ANVIS mount and the Wilcox ANVIS mount. Would it be worth it to get the Wilcox over the ANVIS? I know you get what you pay for, but is it really that much better than the Adams Industries one? If the consensus is it is I have no problem getting it.

The TNVC website says sentinels have automatic brightness control, does that mean you can't adjust the gain, or just that it auto dims around bright lights?

How durable are Sentinels compared to 14's? Ive beaten some 14s pretty hard when I was still active and they kept working, and while these wouldn't take nearly that amount of abuse nearly as often, being durable is a big concern of mine.

Also, is there a reason why the warranties of PVS14's are so much longer that any dual tube setups i've seen?

Thanks for helping out
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top