A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:14:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:46:57 PM EDT
Could you explain how the TAPS Pro and the MAWL interface a bit more, especially regarding the A/B button functions?

I'm in the process of building a new rifle and the TAPS Pro is a definite buy part for me and the MAWL looks great but I'd like to understand how they work together a bit better first. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:45:18 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC:

Understood. You do know all other lasers also have a 1 year warranty, that includes the restricted units as well, some much higher priced than the new MAWL. Kind of an industry standard. Would I like to see a longer warranty on all lasers? You bet!
View Quote

Oh I completely understand it's the current industry standard however, that doesn't mean I agree with it. The warranty and getting out of the .mil pushed back me buying an APTIAL-C which I'm kind of glad happened but now I need to save up even more pennies.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:20:54 AM EDT

Hi Tak, the green Vis is also a game changer with 100 yard day time range for this who need that. By far, it's the best civilian legal IR laser illuminator on the market as you can see by the pic above how it performs against a restricted PEQ-15 on high. Understood on the price Brother.

Vic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By takdriver:
Pretty awesome thing this mawl is. Price aside this looks like about the best ir laser on the market now. I'm not going to stick a clunky dbal d2 on my rifle, so if this thing gets to 2k, that's my buy in price.

Hi Tak, the green Vis is also a game changer with 100 yard day time range for this who need that. By far, it's the best civilian legal IR laser illuminator on the market as you can see by the pic above how it performs against a restricted PEQ-15 on high. Understood on the price Brother.

Vic

Just based on the pics, it might be better or as good as a DBAL-D2. I really REALLY want to get my mitts on one, I just cannot spend that amount of $ on a LAM.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:58:28 AM EDT
If it works as advertised, that is one very discreet and capable little system. Now I just need to talk myself out of buying one
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:00:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:03:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cowboy:

Looks great with an LWTS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cowboy:
Originally Posted By fordkicksass:
If it works as advertised, that is one very discreet and capable little system. Now I just need to talk myself out of buying one

Looks great with an LWTS

Crap, I have one of those too
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:33:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:47:51 PM EDT
How do you like the mount? I really like the way I have my main guns set up right now, and the LAM portion of each is MUCH less than $2500 but I still find myself wanting one of these. I should not have clicked on this thread this morning! Based on the description and what you said on top of that, it does seem like this may be a pretty groundbreaking product. My main IR illuminator is a Streamlight SuperTac IR which is extremely cost effective and has great range. Can anyone comment on the range of the MAWL-C1 vs. the Streamlight? I'd hate to spend enough to buy a SCAR-17 and then have less IR illumination range than I did w/ the $75 Streamlight.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:07:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/13/2017 1:10:05 PM EDT by cowboy]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:13:30 PM EDT
TAPS works great with the MAWL, it's what I'm using now actually.

You can plug the laser lead into the A or B port on the back of the MAWL.

I suggest plugging it into the A port as that is the 90% use case mode.

Alternatively you can use the insight / insight model TAPS with MAWL A/B. And use your light with a push button.

All of the programming modes work with the MAWL as with any other laser.

And who knows, maybe a MAWL specific TAPS is in the works.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:46:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:55:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By goteron:
TAPS works great with the MAWL, it's what I'm using now actually.

You can plug the laser lead into the A or B port on the back of the MAWL.

I suggest plugging it into the A port as that is the 90% use case mode.

Alternatively you can use the insight / insight model TAPS with MAWL A/B. And use your light with a push button.

All of the programming modes work with the MAWL as with any other laser.

And who knows, maybe a MAWL specific TAPS is in the works.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks
View Quote
Awesome. Thanks for clarifying. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:12:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:35:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2017 10:43:47 PM EDT by montana_jeepn]
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:
Just got word from BE Meyers that the second batch of MAWL C1+ should be shipping by end of this month or so.

After that would be hard to say as military orders take precedence and the MAWL C1+ is made from mostly the same hardware on the same assembly line as the military models.

https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/580x365/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/a/mawl-c1p-march.jpg
View Quote

Is it configurable to mount on the opposite side of the rifle? For the left-handed folks. :)

ETA: Never-mind, read the following on your site: "Regardless, the MAWL-C1+ is completely ambidextrous. This is achieved through a never-before-seen modular design that allows the head and tail to separate from the body, trade places, and be reassembled on the opposite side."
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:30:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:25:04 PM EDT
What would be really slick is if you could run a cable from the MAWL to a Surefire and when in the VIS setting the light would be activated by the push button.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:48:45 AM EDT
After getting my dbal d2 I understand the appeal of the MAWL a tad more. Love the d2 but it's big and heavy. Due to its size I might have to tax stamp my AR pistol to make it all ergonomically work. I don't necessarily want to stamp that pistol either. Bleh. It never ends. Why can't a solution like the MAWL come out at a reasonable price.

There just isn't any way I want to spend $2500 on one. I guess I'll just wait until someone geeks one away on EE.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:15:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:36:27 AM EDT
People are dumping pretty good lasers at retarded low prices to get their hands on a MWAL.

I've seen RAPTARS at $650.

Of course, I'm at $225 in my fun fund. I just need a bit over 9x that to get to a MWAL.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:46:05 AM EDT
Mine's on order, Light Out MF!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:54:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:37:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:56:51 PM EDT
I need to hurry up and pay off my credit card debt so I can finance one of these.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:14:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2017 5:15:09 PM EDT by jwramp]
Was monkeying around with a C1+ this weekend and mounted it onto my 11.5" DD upper alongside a Surefire X300u to see how the fit was. Gotta say, they look just about perfect for each other - take a look below (I'm a southpaw). I did some through-the-tube filming with the FPRS too, but very tough to capture how friggin bright and capable this civi-legal device really is - I was very impressed.

All them milliwatts, perfectly legal:

Here's what the business end looks like when rotated to IR mode:

And with a cowitnessed MAWL Man front-site:

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top