Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2017 10:31:17 PM EDT
About to order a pair of lasers...what's the latest on peq 15c illuminator roundness?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
About to order a pair of lasers...what's the latest on peq 15c illuminator roundness?

Thanks,
View Quote

probably the same as it always has been since the laser has not changed.

the nature of the electronic components are what cause the flatter sides on a portion of the beam.
There was a thread on here a while back where it was discussed in depth and beat like a dead horse.

Vic even reached out to some engineers at L3 to find out exactly why it was the way that it was as far as the beam.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably the only thing that bothers me about the PEQ15c.   The laser appearance isn't round
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably the only thing that bothers me about the PEQ15c.   The laser appearance isn't round
View Quote

in my experience its never mattered that much. The laser is round, the illuminator is what has the flat spot in the beam.

it isnt so bad it limits its use and the strength is a good in between power.
Brighter than the surefire M1 on my helmet but not as bright as the surefire 952v I also have on the rifle.

All in all I would buy it again no questions asked. The good outweighs the bad with the peq15c.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top