Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2017 3:25:18 PM EDT
I picked up a pvs2 the other day, it works fine now that i cleaned the battery contacts and around the oscillator, but i probably could stand to pull the intensifier and clean the lenses and other stuff.

Could anyone point me towards a detailed assembly / disassembly guide?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is a link to the TM, but there really isn't much to it Link

1) remove battery
2) remove oscillator or continuity block cap (vertical threaded cap in front of the battery compartment)
NOTE: If your scope has a silver oscillator wait several hours after turning it off before touching the oscillator (non-ABC tubes use oscillators) If it has a red/orange plastic block, pull it straight out
3) Unscrew jam-nut that holds the eyepiece on the end of the scope
4) Pull eyepiece assembly straight back, it is a tight fit to the rear of the tube
5) Put your hand over now open rear end of the scope and tilt upwards, tube will fall out (again, if you've had the scope on recently, give it a few hours before doing this, may still be some charge in the tube's circuits).

There are three grub/set screws that retain and fix the focus of the objective lens, you can remove these and unscrew the lens.

Very simple scope. Only the objective lens (and maybe eyepiece?) are nitrogen purged, the body is not (much like the AN/PVS-4).
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is a link to the TM, but there really isn't much to it Link

1) remove battery
2) remove oscillator or continuity block cap (vertical threaded cap in front of the battery compartment)
NOTE: If your scope has a silver oscillator wait several hours after turning it off before touching the oscillator (non-ABC tubes use oscillators) If it has a red/orange plastic block, pull it straight out
3) Unscrew jam-nut that holds the eyepiece on the end of the scope
4) Pull eyepiece assembly straight back, it is a tight fit to the rear of the tube
5) Put your hand over now open rear end of the scope and tilt upwards, tube will fall out (again, if you've had the scope on recently, give it a few hours before doing this, may still be some charge in the tube's circuits).

There are three grub/set screws that retain and fix the focus of the objective lens, you can remove these and unscrew the lens.

Very simple scope. Only the objective lens (and maybe eyepiece?) are nitrogen purged, the body is not (much like the AN/PVS-4).
View Quote

This is good info, thank you.

As to the Oscillator, I assume it is a silver domed mushroom shaped thingy under the cap forward of the battery receptacle. It contacts 2 spring electrical connectors and plugs onto a pin in the base of the opening. After removing it, do I need to take out the 2 screws in the bottom of the opening, or leave them in place?

I'm thinking the pin will drag on the body of the PVS2 when removing the tube and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a step.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top