Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2017 7:05:22 PM EDT
Having an issue boresighting my new thermal. My dad also purchased one and I sighted his in with no problem at all and with only a few adjustments needed.

My armasight Zeus 75mm however is still 2 inches high at 100 and it appears that I have maxed out the boresight adjustment at -30. This is attached to an AR and my other scopes for this gun have no issue being zeroed and only require a few clicks past center on the scopes. Any idea what's going on here? I sure don't think I'm missing something on the menu to allow me to get more adjustment
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If you bought it new send it back to Armasight. I remember reading somewhere about this problem though. I believe the solution was to put a shim in the mount. Would not think it would take much to correct for two inches at 100 yards. Anyhow, I don't remember where I read this but that was the solution I remember being discussed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I had to shim my 75mm unit to get close to 0,0
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had to shim my 75mm unit to get close to 0,0
View Quote

How exactly does one shim it? i tried my fathers armasight 75mm on my gun and only needed to go down -15 so exactly half of what was needed on my scope. I'm assuming this is a scope issue then or what?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Darn I hope I don't have this problem. I just bought this scope 30 mins ago. What caliber ar do you have it mounted on, 6.8, 5.56, 308 ect.....
You pay that kind of money you should not have a problem like this.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#5]
big lens on a AR which has a big gap between rail and bore = bad combo

some have 20moa built in too which can make it worse
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Either way like Dino said a small shim in the rear of the mount would fix problem. After thinking about it. Its no biggie. I mean heck for scopes you use different moa bases to reach out. As long as the scope its self works great that's all that matters. I just think at this time Armasight has a better warranty and better software update policy than some. That's why I chose them after doing so much research here on this forum and on line my head hurt. But it was either this or a MK2 Hunter 35mm.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Either way like Dino said a small shim in the rear of the mount would fix problem. After thinking about it. Its no biggie. I mean heck for scopes you use different moa bases to reach out. As long as the scope its self works great that's all that matters. I just think at this time Armasight has a better warranty and better software update policy than some. That's why I chose them after doing so much research here on this forum and on line my head hurt. But it was either this or a MK2 Hunter 35mm.
View Quote

I don't really like the "removalable shim" idea. With that, there is no way to take advantage of the QD mount since having it "return to zero" with a random shim would be almost impossible.

I've had some other issues with Armasight customer service and trying to get a manager to answer/return emails which was his preferred method of contact, has been an absolutely nightmare. I'll be making a post on this soon enough I'm sure
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I can understand that. As a matter of fact optics planet email me the itar form to sign for the armasight 3x24x75mm 640 I just ordered Sat. They will not process order till they get it snd will cancel order if they don't. So I can change my order

I have read several posts on other forums of people having issues with Armasight lately with both products snd cust svc. But to be fair I've read that same thing about every other manufacturer also.

But this scope mount issue could be a real problem especially if you put it on a rifle with a 20 moa base.

You'd have to super glue that shim in place on the scope. Other than the dial/software issue on the IR Hunter and having to pay for software updates that would be my next choice. Plus since they sold out to Trijicon I have no idea how their customer svc will be and automatically went up 500.00 in price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top