User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:05:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:45:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I like how the weights are pliable in order to take shape of the helmet.

Edit: added picture.

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/FcrUoch.jpg

A few very small gripes.
1. I was hoping for Tropical Multicam Velcro, but that's extremely minor.
2. The aforementioned extra length on the phallus.   cut the excess off.
3.  Who was responsible for making the battery loop card that fits into the counterbalance pouch? It was pretty ugly (granted, the weights were laying on it during transport). The loops aren't very well sewed on either. I purchased a Voodoo Tactical Rifle Shell card for a similar usage and it looked and felt like higher quality.
4. The shock cord retention device is pretty weak. Try to cinch the shock cord down and the cord slides right through the device, returning it to its previous position.  You have to squeeze really hard to get it to click and pop the spring then it will work like it is supposed to.  Mine did that at first and I was pissed until I gave the button a nice squeeze and heard the pop and it locks it in place now when you cinch the cord down.

Don't get me wrong, the Mohawk is overall an awesome piece and I would buy another one if I had another helmet. Just a few things I noticed.

Thanks for #4 I'll give that a try, @brodband8. On #1, I just cut some more Velcro to shape and put it on the helmet.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks for #4 I'll give that a try, @brodband8. On #1, I just cut some more Velcro to shape and put it on the helmet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/FcrUoch.jpg

A few very small gripes.
1. I was hoping for Tropical Multicam Velcro, but that's extremely minor.
2. The aforementioned extra length on the phallus.   cut the excess off.
3.  Who was responsible for making the battery loop card that fits into the counterbalance pouch? It was pretty ugly (granted, the weights were laying on it during transport). The loops aren't very well sewed on either. I purchased a Voodoo Tactical Rifle Shell card for a similar usage and it looked and felt like higher quality.
4. The shock cord retention device is pretty weak. Try to cinch the shock cord down and the cord slides right through the device, returning it to its previous position.  You have to squeeze really hard to get it to click and pop the spring then it will work like it is supposed to.  Mine did that at first and I was pissed until I gave the button a nice squeeze and heard the pop and it locks it in place now when you cinch the cord down.

Don't get me wrong, the Mohawk is overall an awesome piece and I would buy another one if I had another helmet. Just a few things I noticed.

Thanks man, I gave it a very solid squeeze and heard a pop. Now it retains the cord very well. Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks man, I gave it a very solid squeeze and heard a pop. Now it retains the cord very well. Appreciate it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I am a little bit confused about what comes with the Mk2.  Does it have lead weights also?  My NVG will not have a battery pack, but I could store my UNV MDVR in the pouch.

Also, does the Ops Core Bump plug-and-play with this?  Does the CP Nightcap?

Are these weights in this Mk1 pic, or coin-size batteries?

Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#9]
If you don't have a remote battery then you should get the MK 1 version.  The MK 2 version is for the remote battery. MK 1 comes with the lead weights, the MK 2 does not. 
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#10]
What do you guys do to keep batteries dry?  I mean I guess you can take them out if that if you get caught in the rain but what do guys do while on a mission? Or is batteries on helmet a civi only thing?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Tactical phallus applied!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nice who be the doggie or cat?
View Quote

That's Otto. He's a LongHaired Silky Dapple Daschund.

He's a killer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Our own Sam had some down time today.  Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dxjQCf7W-U
View Quote
Badass.

Thinking of ordering one of these very soon.
Along with the 4D pads for my opscore.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Also, does the Ops Core Bump plug-and-play with this?  Does the CP Nightcap?
View Quote

Bump for an answer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top