[#2]
Whelp....

There goes my birthday money!
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice!
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Neat, will the Mk2 accommodate an AI AGWBP?

ETA: Oh duh, just looked on the site, it does. This looks really awesome, might have to pony up for one soon
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it just me...or is this one of those things that once you see it, it can't be unseen like the spikes tactical logo?

Either way, I'll prolly pick one up!

ETA: just ordered a MK1
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it just me...or is this one of those things that once you see it, it can't be unseen like the spikes tactical logo?

Either way, I'll prolly pick one up!
View Quote

. Dude you got a big ole dick on your helmet. I like it I'm getting one
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Will these fit an airframe?
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 2:23:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 2:19:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 3:32:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 4:57:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Ordered! Went ahead and got a PVS 14 while I was at it
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Just curious when these guys are going to start shipping.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Glad you like it.

Vic
View Quote

Wife asked me for inexpensive Christmas gift options. This was at the top of my list.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We've been shipping MKII's for over a week now. MKI's started yesterday (we were waiting for the weights).  Email sales at tnvc dot com if you need order status. We've had a pretty large run on these and had to re-order a 2nd batch already. Thank you.

Vic
View Quote

Yeah mine must be in that second batch. Wife ordered a MK1 for me for xmas back on Dec 8 but hasn't gotten a shipment notice yet. Auto-respond from an update request to Kristen said TNVC is shut down until after New Years, so expecting another week at least before mine arrives. Looking forward to checking it out.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Came home to a belated Christmas present from my wife - of course she had to model it first!

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#25]
I got the MK II in last week.  I love the thing.  Great way to store everything.  My favorite "extra" on it is the loop on the bottom for the ear pro cord when I don't have it plugged into a PTT.  That damn thing has always gotten in the way, now it stores away and stays there until I need it, fantastic addition!  Just a couple more things I'm waiting to arrive and this damn helmet will be done!  Until TNVC comes out with something else I have to have.    Like an above the rail mount that will work on a TW helmet with mounted ear pro.  Hint... Hint...
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I got the MK II in last week.  I love the thing.  Great way to store everything.  My favorite "extra" on it is the loop on the bottom for the ear pro cord when I don't have it plugged into a PTT.  That damn thing has always gotten in the way, now it stores away and stays there until I need it, fantastic addition!  Just a couple more things I'm waiting to arrive and this damn helmet will be done!  Until TNVC comes out with something else I have to have.    Like an above the rail mount that will work on a TW helmet with mounted ear pro.  Hint... Hint...
View Quote
https://tnvc.com/shop/unity-tactical-knuckl-helmet-accessory-mount/ 
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:39:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://tnvc.com/shop/unity-tactical-knuckl-helmet-accessory-mount/ 
I have one.  It doesn't work with mounted ear pro.  I actually talked with Unity Tactical about it.  Works great on an OpsCore though.  I plan on getting an Air Frame ballistic when funds allow, but for now I have a TW so that is what I am working with. 
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have one.  It doesn't work with mounted ear pro.  I actually talked with Unity Tactical about it.  Works great on an OpsCore though.  I plan on getting an Air Frame ballistic when funds allow, but for now I have a TW so that is what I am working with. 
View Quote
Odd, must be something with the TW rail spacing, works fine on an ARC rail with Peltor or Unity Tactical's mounts. The Peltor size rail mounts take up a lot more room vs the https://tnvc.com/shop/unity-tactical-mark-modular-attached-rail-kit/, might be worth another chat as the Mark mounts are a pretty recent release.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Odd, must be something with the TW rail spacing, works fine on an ARC rail with Peltor or Unity Tactical's mounts. The Peltor size rail mounts take up a lot more room vs the https://tnvc.com/shop/unity-tactical-mark-modular-attached-rail-kit/, might be worth another chat as the Mark mounts are a pretty recent release.
View Quote
That looks like it would work perfectly.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Looks like more stuff coming soon to take care of your weird TW woes. https://instagram.com/p/BPMLlRnB6XC/ 
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Looks like more stuff coming soon to take care of your weird TW woes. https://instagram.com/p/BPMLlRnB6XC/ 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well that's just damn genius.  I would love to eventually get an AirFrame, but the TW is what I have now so I will continue to make it work.  Thanks for posting that, I will keep an eye out for it indeed!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Finally broke down and ordered one today.

Now, get TAPS up for sale and I can make it 2 orders within a week.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Had mine for a couple weeks now & am really digging it!

Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Status on these? Waiting on an order from 12/27. Was told "up to one week lead team" quite a while ago.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:06:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Status on these? Waiting on an order from 12/27. Was told "up to one week lead team" quite a while ago.
View Quote
ordered today, shipped today.

ETA: tropic MultiCam. Because f*** you, that's why.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:38:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Ordered a multicam over the weekend but got an update on Monday that they were backordered, ended up substituting a plain tan version which works just as well and it shipped that same day. Great counterweight pouch for dual pvs-14s, with all the included weights plus some batteries it balances things out nicely.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#40]
My one tiny complaint is TNVC's online ordering system lacking a live inventory.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My one tiny complaint is TNVC's online ordering system lacking a live inventory.
View Quote
Agreed.  I've made far too many orders only to get an e-mail saying it is back ordered.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Agreed.  I've made far too many orders only to get an e-mail saying it is back ordered.  
View Quote

Same.  Seems like it has been this way for quite a while now.  Word on the street is that they have been going the way of optics planet (backorder planet), which has been my experience also.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Pic from their display at SHOT showing some colors side by side.

Link Posted: 1/29/2017 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Pic from their display at SHOT showing some colors side by side.

http://i.imgur.com/JPAj7Wxl.jpg
View Quote

Wish the Tropic MultiCam had MultiCam Velcro. Oh well.

Very nice piece of equipment. I had the issue that others did with TW helmets and not having enough Velcro to hold down the tip of the Mohawk. I got around this by ordering Velcro for the Crye AirFrame off of Amazon and cutting one of the pieces to shape. Worked very well.

TNVC Mohawk is on my helmet, but I haven't been out with it yet. Might go for a walk tonight. I'll put some pics up later.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thank you, but we do not know about Team Wendy helmets....
View Quote
If Team Wendy (may ALL OF THE FUCK be upon them) had pulled their stunt a little earlier, I would have went in another direction for their helmet. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to turn my helmet into a shitpot like TW did to their company's political reputation and then replace the helmet.

Believe me, I agree with your stance on TW 100%. I honestly wasn't intending to complain, rather give an idea of an easy fix for the issue.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If Team Wendy (may ALL OF THE FUCK be upon them) had pulled their stunt a little earlier, I would have went in another direction for their helmet. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to turn my helmet into a shitpot like TW did to their company's political reputation and then replace the helmet.

Believe me, I agree with your stance on TW 100%. I honestly wasn't intending to complain, rather give an idea of an easy fix for the issue.
View Quote
Yep, I'm saving up for an AirFrame now since TW went such fully retard 
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#49]

A few very small gripes.
1. I was hoping for Tropical Multicam Velcro, but that's extremely minor.
2. The aforementioned extra length on the phallus.
3.  Who was responsible for making the battery loop card that fits into the counterbalance pouch? It was pretty ugly (granted, the weights were laying on it during transport). The loops aren't very well sewed on either. I purchased a Voodoo Tactical Rifle Shell card for a similar usage and it looked and felt like higher quality.
4. The shock cord retention device is pretty weak. Try to cinch the shock cord down and the cord slides right through the device, returning it to its previous position. I didn't squeeze the thing hard enough. Gave it a good solid squeeze and felt a pop. Now it retains just fine.

Don't get me wrong, the Mohawk is overall an awesome piece and I would buy another one if I had another helmet. Just a few things I noticed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/FcrUoch.jpg

A few very small gripes.
1. I was hoping for Tropical Multicam Velcro, but that's extremely minor.
2. The aforementioned extra length on the phallus.   cut the excess off.
3.  Who was responsible for making the battery loop card that fits into the counterbalance pouch? It was pretty ugly (granted, the weights were laying on it during transport). The loops aren't very well sewed on either. I purchased a Voodoo Tactical Rifle Shell card for a similar usage and it looked and felt like higher quality.
4. The shock cord retention device is pretty weak. Try to cinch the shock cord down and the cord slides right through the device, returning it to its previous position.  You have to squeeze really hard to get it to click and pop the spring then it will work like it is supposed to.  Mine did that at first and I was pissed until I gave the button a nice squeeze and heard the pop and it locks it in place now when you cinch the cord down.

Don't get me wrong, the Mohawk is overall an awesome piece and I would buy another one if I had another helmet. Just a few things I noticed.
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top