Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2016 7:28:54 PM EDT
I recently picked this up and was wondering if there is someone who can tell me what it is. I've been unable to find anything about it on the web.

It appears to be a Gen3 ITT, but beyond that I have no idea. The model number is NE5000-50. The tube is longer than a standard 7, so much that a regular objective lens cannot be installed.

Barely legible that it is an ITT Gen3 unit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Very interesting. Can you post any pics of the tube itself? Especially some shots of the photocathode, both in focus and with some lights reflected off of it? And any markings.

Might be a hybrid tube - eg, 3+1. They did make some in 18mm, but I've never seen one.

David
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
never seen one like that.

Yes is it some sort of PVS 7/B

The mounts like to break
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:06:39 PM EDT
[#3]
On the picture where the front optic is unscrewed,

is the part that extends past the threads part of the body, or is that the tube assembly?

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
That's how far the tube sticks out
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's how far the tube sticks out
View Quote

Special tube?

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:38:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Man someone really wanted to increase thier fov during observation
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top