User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ruined mine over the weekend. 

I had it on, and the cable running from the 14, under the bungees on the helmet to the back where I Velcro'd the battery to the counter weight. It was working perfectly. Then, as I was taking the helmet off, I lost my grip and had a "oh shit!" moment where I was dropping the whole setup. In my panic, I was only able to grab the wire, pulling it out of the battery housing. 

Its dead, but it saved the rig, a noble death. 
View Quote
that blows.  do you think it is its fixable?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

that blows.  do you think it is its fixable?
View Quote
Probably. It got pulled out of the battery compartment side, and not the camera side. I just haven't opened it up yet to look. 
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am in the same boat as James. ordered and get an email saying "We are getting your order ready to ship".  I love buying from veteran owned company's because of 2 reasons: one is that being a being a combat wounded veteran myself, I like to keep the community going and support others like myself. The second reason is that (for the most part) veterans owned businesses are on their game a lot more than the average joe or corporate company is with shipping and communication.  As james has said, I am not in a huge hurry to get this. Would I like it sooner than later? Hell yes I would! Of the handful of traits that all people should bring out of the military, one should at least be communication. All we are looking for is acknowledgement that the order has been placed. a simple email like: I got your order, were running 2 weeks behind, ill let you know when it ships.  The excuse of being in the hospital and the VA is not a reason that a simple email can not be sent out. It is exactly that... an excuse. Excuses are what people use when they are in the wrong and trying to cover up their mistake. We are not looking for a million excuses we just want a reason.... simple as that.  I'd get it if this was a couple weeks or a month thing, but this is a trend going back 7 months! we just want to see where the status is, that is all.
View Quote
Last FB post I saw, he was dealing with the death of two relatives and a CSF leak.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#4]
UPDATE: So, I got ahold of Aaron. I found out that we have a common friend. Anyways, he said that he has been having trouble with the web site host and had the ordering turned off until they rebuild the site and add some suppressors and stuff.  Anyways  you need to contact him on Facebook if you did order anything and he will get it out to you.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Any others on here order anything and not get it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Ordered from Aaron on 4/11, called late april and mid may, even had toyotatacomasr5 contact Aaron via facebook and in person, still nothing.

Very very sad, I really wanted this, have to call my CCard company to see what can be done.

James
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I ruined mine over the weekend. 

I had it on, and the cable running from the 14, under the bungees on the helmet to the back where I Velcro'd the battery to the counter weight. It was working perfectly. Then, as I was taking the helmet off, I lost my grip and had a "oh shit!" moment where I was dropping the whole setup. In my panic, I was only able to grab the wire, pulling it out of the battery housing. 

Its dead, but it saved the rig, a noble death. 
View Quote
I don't want to dance on your tragedy too much but I always tell people to don and doff their NODs while sitting "Indian Style", so if you dump them that they just fall in your lap. At the very least, I take a knee so they are not falling six feet.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ordered from Aaron on 4/11, called late april and mid may, even had toyotatacomasr5 contact Aaron via facebook and in person, still nothing.

Very very sad, I really wanted this, have to call my CCard company to see what can be done.

James
View Quote
I'm being completely ignored also. My unit was broken when it came, it had the cable that Aaron said was faulty/thin.

I had one email back stating he would replace it, and here we are, 10+ emails from me, 6+ months and nothing.

It's very poor customer service.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:06:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Just got one second hand. Can anyone give me instructions on how to use it?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#10]
You can buy a replacement battery and camera on Ebay Ebay Camera There are several sellers that have them at similar prices. I also saw one seller that was selling a 3d printed mount for the camera to make your own NV camera setup from scratch for cheap!
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just got one second hand. Can anyone give me instructions on how to use it?
View Quote
Here is what came with mine! Hope this helps.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You can buy a replacement battery and camera on Ebay Ebay Camera There are several sellers that have them at similar prices. I also saw one seller that was selling a 3d printed mount for the camera to make your own NV camera setup from scratch for cheap!
View Quote
Can I get a better link please?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Not sure what you need? The link works fine, but I'll just put it down so you can copy and paste it in your Browser.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4G-FULL-HD-1080P-DIY-Module-Spy-Hidden-Camera-Video-MINI-DV-DVR-Motion-Remote/282586057026?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#14]
On a further note, here's the link for the adapter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PVS-14-Recording-Adapter-for-Mini-Camera-Night-Vision-Anvis-Tactical-BLACK/201995677514?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I might add that while it shows it as white in the picture, it is actualy black.

My camera came today and I got it all put together. I bought one of the FPRS originals and really like it! The one I just put together works just as well, plus the battery can be disconnected making it easier to remove the NV only from your head mount. For the total $$.$$ involved, I had to try it!  
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PVS-14-Recording-Adapter-for-Mini-Camera-Night-Vision-Anvis-Tactical-BLACK/201995677514?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I might add that while it shows it as white in the picture, it is actualy black.

My camera came today and I got it all put together. I bought one of the FPRS originals and really like it! The one I just put together works just as well, plus the battery can be disconnected making it easier to remove the NV only from your head mount. For the total $.$ involved, I had to try it!  
View Quote
Brother you can't post a link to save your life lol. Strikeout. 0 for 3 lol.

I'm thinkingbyoure logged into eBay and that has something to do with it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmmmm not sure what the link problem is as they work fine from my end and I use the same methods that always have for years...............

So do it the hard way then. Do a search on Ebay for a 'PVS 14 Recording Adapter and then a search for DIY Spy Camera Module.

Or item numbers 201995677514  & 282586057026

If those don't work, you're on your own I guess!  
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought the adapter and two cameras. Cameras are what you expect for sub $20.  One camera died, but it's still cool. Anyone have the 3D plans for the adapter?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:50:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought one of the 3d Printed adapters off eBay, only thing I don't like is the fact that the only way to have the adapter affixed to a pvs-14 is to move the eye relief so it stays snug against the housing but so far in the position its in it is fine for me. I bought a camera off of eBay and amazon and the one of bay was dead out of the box with the camera only recording at a certain angle but the seller refunded me all my money and I got a free battery out of it I guess, the one I got off amazon worked fine. You do have to superglue the camera to the adapter, I put some Velcro on my PVS-14 and the recorder than had the battery Velcroed to my helmet. The placement of the camera seems like it might interfere with your vision but your eye seems to forget about it. I took it out with some friends one night with my new PVS-14 and it worked fine but I think the max file size for videos is 5 minutes but than it will start a new video after that 5 minutes and so on. The quality of the camera system is ok but if you have a lot of light coming off your NVG it will bloom a bit (such as using an IR light it will drown out what you are aiming at in the video but not with the users actual view) so when I filmed a couple friends shooting I turned down the gain a little on my unit and it worked fine. Here is the video I took a month back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V55aa5KhP7s
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Awesome, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My camera came today and I got it all put together. I bought one of the FPRS originals and really like it! The one I just put together works just as well, plus the battery can be disconnected making it easier to remove the NV only from your head mount. For the total $.$ involved, I had to try it!  

It has to do with arfcom... ebay links don't work on this site anymore. If you copy the text for the link and paste it in your browser it will work.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Links worked for me. Ordered one of each and I'll see how it compares.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hmmmm not sure what the link problem is as they work fine from my end and I use the same methods that always have for years...............

So do it the hard way then. Do a search on Ebay for a 'PVS 14 Recording Adapter and then a search for DIY Spy Camera Module.

Or item numbers 201995677514  & 282586057026

If those don't work, you're on your own I guess!  
View Quote
Thanks.

Between ARFCOMs crazyness and my idiotic iphone, the links weren't working. Searching The item # did the trick. Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:40:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I bought one of the 3d Printed adapters off eBay, only thing I don't like is the fact that the only way to have the adapter affixed to a pvs-14 is to move the eye relief so it stays snug against the housing but so far in the position its in it is fine for me. I bought a camera off of eBay and amazon and the one of bay was dead out of the box with the camera only recording at a certain angle but the seller refunded me all my money and I got a free battery out of it I guess, the one I got off amazon worked fine. You do have to superglue the camera to the adapter, I put some Velcro on my PVS-14 and the recorder than had the battery Velcroed to my helmet. The placement of the camera seems like it might interfere with your vision but your eye seems to forget about it. I took it out with some friends one night with my new PVS-14 and it worked fine but I think the max file size for videos is 5 minutes but than it will start a new video after that 5 minutes and so on. The quality of the camera system is ok but if you have a lot of light coming off your NVG it will bloom a bit (such as using an IR light it will drown out what you are aiming at in the video but not with the users actual view) so when I filmed a couple friends shooting I turned down the gain a little on my unit and it worked fine. Here is the video I took a month back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V55aa5KhP7s
View Quote
Which camera on Amazon? Thanks.

Piggy backing on that question.... wouldn't it be best to get one that can accept the little SD memory cards and buy the largest card it'll handle?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Piggy backing on that question.... wouldn't it be best to get one that can accept the little SD memory cards and buy the largest card it'll handle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they all accept a microSD card.  the internal software dictates that it records 2 or 5 minutes at a time.

i actually bought two of the spy cameras.  one died and i got a refund and the other one works just fine.  all the instructions are in broken english and sometimes the options don't work the best.  you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is the one I got https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDTGHB3 , I paid 25 for this one however this one looks to be OOS now, I would look around with one with the same body style and try and buy a Prime item as it will be a lot easier to replace or refund if it breaks (although the one i got off eBay for 20 the seller refunded me quickly on it). They all need to have a Micro SD card to use otherwise the unit wont record anything, I bought a 32gb card and just take the recordings and put them on my PC so I can edit or upload them, a 5 minute recording is about 500mb.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This is the one I got https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDTGHB3 , I paid 25 for this one however this one looks to be OOS now, I would look around with one with the same body style and try and buy a Prime item as it will be a lot easier to replace or refund if it breaks (although the one i got off eBay for 20 the seller refunded me quickly on it). They all need to have a Micro SD card to use otherwise the unit wont record anything, I bought a 32gb card and just take the recordings and put them on my PC so I can edit or upload them, a 5 minute recording is about 500mb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I picked up one of the latest gens with the very short ribbon cable.

The recorder works great and is easy to use the key as within most photography/videography you get the best results in the post editing and clean up.

Next time I go out and can get some good footage that is OK to release I'll do some post editing on it and give you guys a better example than this.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top