Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/15/2016 4:34:00 PM EDT

Dvor.com has a sale for the next 2+ days
on three of the ATN ThOR-HD thermal riflescopes.

ThOR-HD 384 -- 1.25 - 5X -- $ 1,699.00 which is $
300 off list

ThOR-HD 384 -- 9 - 36X -- $ 3,649 which is $ 850
off list

ThOR-HD 640 -- 1 - 10X -- $ 3,199 which is $
800 off of list

Sale ends Monday at 1 AM EDT, scopes ship
in 1 - 3 weeks
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
dang... that's a good deal. Best price I have seen on the 1.25-5 unit was $1720 and that was using some coupons. I haven't seen the other units that cheap before.

The handheld OTS is $1650! Thats crazy cheap for what you get!
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

dang... that's a good deal. Best price I have seen on the 1.25-5 unit was $1720 and that was using some coupons. I haven't seen the other units that cheap before.

The handheld OTS is $1650! Thats crazy cheap for what you get!
View Quote

If I hadn't already bought a unit ...  I would have been all over the 640 unit at $ 3,199

It goes from 1 - 10 X which covers you for fast running targets to shots out 400+ yards

That price is $ 400 below the Armasight Zeus 336 and Pulsar XD50 scopes.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Is DVOR legit?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Is DVOR legit?
View Quote

The short answer is yes.

They don't charge until the product ships. On the couple of occasions in the last five years when they shipped me the wrong thing (1 was my mistake , 1 was a wrong picture on their part) the return was done with zero hassle. If an order takes too long to ship or I 've just changed my mind, if the product hasn't shipped, they've canceled the order with zero hassles.

Only caveat and it's a minor one - occasionally on these "1 - 3 week" ship time frames, they've shipped the order the next day. I mention it because these are big ticket items and like every other vendor in this day and age, they a put a "pending" charge against your card when they accept your order. Since I've been in the position where that mattered to me, I'm just giving a heads up for anyone to whom it might matter.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Went on the 640.  

Thanks Barliman!
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:54:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Went on the 640.  

Thanks Barliman!

View Quote

Here are some To Do's so you are ahead of the game when it arrives

1) If you are on Facebook go to this group and ask to be made a member  https://www.facebook.com/groups/ATNXSightUsers/

(If you are not on FB consider joining just for this group, there are over 7,000 members, tons of hunting videos and people from all over the world. I never knew how much the English hate foxes till I joined)

2) You are going to want to buy 4 Kentli AA rechargeable batteries and a charger. There are two ways of getting them. Go on Amazon and buy the 4 pack set that comes with the USB based charger for $ 47 (yes, they are worth it - the Kentlis will run the scope for 8 hours as long as you have WiFi turned off) OR put up a post in the FB group mentioning you've got a ThOR-HD coming soon and can anybody tell you who the guy is who has the great deal on Kentli's (I don't know his name. I'm  on Amazon and bought mine from them) and he'll send you a Message via Facebook that shows up under All Messages. He sells the same thing for $ 47 and the folks who have bought from him swear by him.

3) Buy a GOOD quality 32 Gb SD-XC card. I use Samsung myself. The scope can handle 64Gb but they use a non-FAT and non-NTFS based method for those. The Samsung 32 Gb have been dead solid reliable for me and once you get used to being able to record video you'll wonder why others don't have it. The SD card also allows the import and export of profiles. You can have a total of 6 and it allows you to have a set up already in the scope for any of the rifles you plan on using with the scope. The profile stores the reticle type and color as well as the coordinates for the zeroed POI for each gun. Other than the entry level scope they come with either a Midwest Industries or LaRue QD mount which gives you a repeatable zero mount position when you switch between guns. The profile also allows you to set up and store all of the ballistic data required for the Shooting Solution which integrates the data generated by the scope with data you input to adjust for wind, angle, etc. There is a guy on the FB group who lives in South Africa and has taken game at 700 meters with his X-Sight Gen II.

4) As you have probably figured out by now, you are going to be mounting a computer system on top of your rifle. Don't worry about it. Every single one of us who is honest has are own "user error" story to tell as we learned that fact. Mine relate to my Gen I X-Sight 3 -12. The beauty of the FB group is there are a lot of folks on there at all times of the night and day. It's extremely handy to have so many people available as resources.  By the way, at the top of the group page are sections for events, videos, photos and files. The files section has documents covering the bulk of the questions newcomers have.

5) When you first power on the scope, leave the cap on and hit the circular Enter button. This will pop up a left/right scroll menu. FIRST thing to do is to use the knurled knob at the back of the scope to focus the diopter so you are seeing the menu lettering nice and sharp. Once you've down that, it will only need to change for someone else using the scope. With the menu still displayed, scroll <- button once to the Wrench and hit Enter again. You are now in System Settings. Hit the <- button which will put you on the far right side with Settings highlighted. Scroll down to Device Type and hit Enter, then scroll up until you get to your ThOR model and hit Enter again to save the selection. Down at the very bottom of that vertical menu is Firmware Version - yours should end in .676.en which is the latest release. Hit the ,- button and scroll to the left to Display. At the very top is Screen Brightness which is set to 5 which is the highest setting. When I am out at night, I turn this down to 1 or 2 so when I take the scope away from my eye, I haven't ruined my night vision. At the very bottom of the Display vertical menu is the Reticle Style. Scroll down to it, hit Enter and then use the menu to select the type of reticle and then color of reticle you want to use. Scroll to your selection hit Enter to select and then <- button to get back to the Display menu. Over almost all the way to the left is the Thermal selection. This vertical menu has a bunch of settings which let you tune the scopes performance under different environmental conditions. At the very bottom is Color Palettes where you have a good number of choices which do different things well. It will be easier to explain Thermal AFTER you have the scope.

People tend to forget, a thermal scope can be just as useful during daylight hours if you are hunting animals which blend well into the foliage/vegetation/tundra. You will have to tune the Thermal menu selections for the difference in the environment and conditions between day and night. I have had mine for a month and a half and my biggest take away is Thermal changes the way you look at everything.

Everything else - like whether to get an external power supply and all the other menu selections in the scope can wait till you get it.

We'll talk about the One Shot Zero once you have the scope. Heads up for that, you'll want a standard one inch grid sight in target of about 18" x 20", ice cubes, some cheap baggies and some sticky tape. Note: Ice cubes are reactive targets when viewed thru thermal.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:43:29 AM EDT
[#7]
^THIS

Barliman's post is excellent and a wealth of solid information! Read it several times (then go read it again) and then go enjoy your scope

Edit:
Yes, DVOR is good to go. I have ordered 3-4 times and it has always been smooth.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ThOR-HD 384 -- 1.25 - 5X -- $ 1,699.00 which is $300 off list

View Quote

Man I wish I had the cash to drop on this.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Went on the 640.  

Thanks Barliman!
View Quote

Shows as expired for me. Anyone else have this problem?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:30:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went on the 640.  

Thanks Barliman!

The sale ended yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:06:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went on the 640.  

Thanks Barliman!

That stinks, but good to know 640's do drop to my price point.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I bet it will pop back up on DVOR again.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I bet it will pop back up on DVOR again.
View Quote

Ok, thank you. I will keep my eyes peeled.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Opticsplanet has 11% off for another day. Brings the base model ThOr down to $1779.00...

foing
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm glad to see more of these getting out on the market.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Ordered the SD-XC and DVOR just shipped the 640 today!

Thanks again Barliman
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Ordered the SD-XC and DVOR just shipped the 640 today!

Thanks again Barliman

View Quote

You're welcome!

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#18]
ATN needs to send Barliman a commission on the number of his sales on these scopes lol
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

ATN needs to send Barliman a commission on the number of his sales on these scopes lol
View Quote

I wish!

If that was the case I wouldn't be passing along deals like those.

Those are why I check Dvor daily. You never know when they are going to have a price lower than everybody else on something.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#20]
OK looks like I missed out on a heck of a deal. Looking around I can't find a 640 Thor Close to that price Dvor had. Here's my question does any one know any other dealers selling a Thor 640 for around $3199? I was actually thinking about purchasing a Apex 50a before I found this deal. Now I want a 640 also is the Thor a better scope for the money than the Apex 50a correct?  Thanks guys!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

OK looks like I missed out on a heck of a deal. Looking around I can't find a 640 Thor Close to that price Dvor had. Here's my question does any one know any other dealers selling a Thor 640 for around $3199? I was actually thinking about purchasing a Apex 50a before I found this deal. Now I want a 640 also is the Thor a better scope for the money than the Apex 50a correct?  Thanks guys!!
View Quote

Nobody that I know of can match that price right now.

If I see something I will post enough info here for those who want to follow up.

I'd rate an ATN ThOR-HD 640 1 -10X better than the XD50A. The ThOR has color palettes and they had a video on the FB group the other day showing how much better the Fusion color palette was than the Glowbow at showing deer on the other side of medium foliage - and that was on just a 384 based scope.

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 5:22:24 AM EDT
[#22]

I am pretty sure my last posting of ATN ThOR-HD scopes was deleted so I am just putting this up via a new reply

Dvor has the scopes on sale again

Dvor.com has a sale for the next 2+ days on three of the ATN ThOR-HD thermal riflescopes.

ThOR-HD 384 -- 2 - 8X -- $ 2,199.00 which is $ 500 off list (19% savings)

ThOR-HD 640 -- 1 - 10X -- $ 3,199 which is $ 800 off list (20% savings)

ThOR-HD 640 -- 1.5 - 15X -- $ 3,529 which is $ 970 off of list (22% savings)

Sale ends Saturday at 1 AM EST, scopes ship in 1 - 3 weeks
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I am pretty sure my last posting of ATN ThOR-HD scopes was deleted so I am just putting this up via a new reply

Dvor.com has a sale for the next 2+ days on three of the ATN ThOR-HD thermal riflescopes.

View Quote

Arrrrrrrrghhhh.  I have a Photon 4.6XT and was just about to buy a Pulsar thermal for scanning.  Do I just get this scope instead?  Still won't solve my problem of having to hold the gun to my eyes to see.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Arrrrrrrrghhhh.  I have a Photon 4.6XT and was just about to buy a Pulsar thermal for scanning.  Do I just get this scope instead?  Still won't solve my problem of having to hold the gun to my eyes to see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use it with a quality QD mount.... Remove for scanning
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 1:51:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy what you can afford off of this list. Sell the Photon because after using one of these, you're going to lose interest in it. Use the money from the Photon to fund a lower cost 1 or 2 X thermal scanning set up. There are a variety of them out there under $ 1 k.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Fent on the 25mm 640. Thanks Barliman! I joined the FB group and have read through the user manual. Anymore tips pls let me know!

Also this is my 1st NV piece. Hope I did well.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ATN has released a major firmware upgrade for their ThOR HD 384 & 640 thermal rifle scopes. Color palette choices are: White hot, Black Hot , Red hot, Green hot, Fusion, Glowbow, Ironbow, Rainbow and Rain.

View Quote

Nice improvements!  

Hope they keep them coming, as the firmware gets further refined the limit will be the hardware.
Glad they are doing better tickling the keyboard to keep the juice flowing as the detector still has plenty of juice to offer.
But keep in mind what sets each company apart is how well they process the image from the detector.
The capability of the detectors are very close to each other, none has a distinct advantage over the other.
Smaller pitch core smaller lenses lower cost. 12u is the king so far in the consumer market.
The price per performance of the ATN units with the newer firmware is pulling at my pocket, but min specs I want is 640 50mm but max price I want to pay is $4000.
ATN is getting there and very soon I expect them to have my $$$$$

A few years back this was a $10K thermal not to mention the recording and other features other thermals don't have.
View Quote

I think you are likely going to have to wait a year or find one hell of a Black Friday sale to get a 20% off of list price.

I popped a nuisance varmint last night and it's nice to have video to review and be able to verify, "Yep, I got him."
View Quote

Looks like it was only a few months and the deals are happening! Can't beat a 640 1.5 for under $4K or thermal scope under 1700.00 with DVR built in. ATN is pushing the prices down.

I scored a MKIII 60mm for $6k from fellow ar15 member and am loving it, picture is great. If it wasn't for that I would be on the ATN 640 unit for half the price..
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Fent on the 25mm 640. Thanks Barliman! I joined the FB group and have read through the user manual. Anymore tips pls let me know!

Also this is my 1st NV piece. Hope I did well.
View Quote

Read the 7th post on Page 1.

I lay out things to do BEFORE your scope arrives.

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

1) If you are on Facebook go to this group and ask to be made a member  https://www.facebook.com/groups/ATNXSightUsers/

(If you are not on FB consider joining just for this group, there are over 7,000 members, tons of hunting videos and people from all over the world. I never knew how much the English hate foxes till I joined)

2) You are going to want to buy 4 Kentli AA rechargeable batteries and a charger. There are two ways of getting them. Go on Amazon and buy the 4 pack set that comes with the USB based charger for $ 47 (yes, they are worth it - the Kentlis will run the scope for 8 hours as long as you have WiFi turned off) OR put up a post in the FB group mentioning you've got a ThOR-HD coming soon and can anybody tell you who the guy is who has the great deal on Kentli's (I don't know his name. I'm  on Amazon and bought mine from them) and he'll send you a Message via Facebook that shows up under All Messages. He sells the same thing for $ 47 and the folks who have bought from him swear by him.

3) Buy a GOOD quality 32 Gb SD-XC card. I use Samsung myself. The scope can handle 64Gb but they use a non-FAT and non-NTFS based method for those. The Samsung 32 Gb have been dead solid reliable for me and once you get used to being able to record video you'll wonder why others don't have it. The SD card also allows the import and export of profiles. You can have a total of 6 and it allows you to have a set up already in the scope for any of the rifles you plan on using with the scope. The profile stores the reticle type and color as well as the coordinates for the zeroed POI for each gun. Other than the entry level scope they come with either a Midwest Industries or LaRue QD mount which gives you a repeatable zero mount position when you switch between guns. The profile also allows you to set up and store all of the ballistic data required for the Shooting Solution which integrates the data generated by the scope with data you input to adjust for wind, angle, etc. There is a guy on the FB group who lives in South Africa and has taken game at 700 meters with his X-Sight Gen II.

4) As you have probably figured out by now, you are going to be mounting a computer system on top of your rifle. Don't worry about it. Every single one of us who is honest has are own "user error" story to tell as we learned that fact. Mine relate to my Gen I X-Sight 3 -12. The beauty of the FB group is there are a lot of folks on there at all times of the night and day. It's extremely handy to have so many people available as resources.  By the way, at the top of the group page are sections for events, videos, photos and files. The files section has documents covering the bulk of the questions newcomers have.

5) When you first power on the scope, leave the cap on and hit the circular Enter button. This will pop up a left/right scroll menu. FIRST thing to do is to use the knurled knob at the back of the scope to focus the diopter so you are seeing the menu lettering nice and sharp. Once you've down that, it will only need to change for someone else using the scope. With the menu still displayed, scroll <- button once to the Wrench and hit Enter again. You are now in System Settings. Hit the <- button which will put you on the far right side with Settings highlighted. Scroll down to Device Type and hit Enter, then scroll up until you get to your ThOR model and hit Enter again to save the selection. Down at the very bottom of that vertical menu is Firmware Version - yours should end in .676.en which is the latest release. Hit the ,- button and scroll to the left to Display. At the very top is Screen Brightness which is set to 5 which is the highest setting. When I am out at night, I turn this down to 1 or 2 so when I take the scope away from my eye, I haven't ruined my night vision. At the very bottom of the Display vertical menu is the Reticle Style. Scroll down to it, hit Enter and then use the menu to select the type of reticle and then color of reticle you want to use. Scroll to your selection hit Enter to select and then <- button to get back to the Display menu. Over almost all the way to the left is the Thermal selection. This vertical menu has a bunch of settings which let you tune the scopes performance under different environmental conditions. At the very bottom is Color Palettes where you have a good number of choices which do different things well. It will be easier to explain Thermal AFTER you have the scope.

People tend to forget, a thermal scope can be just as useful during daylight hours if you are hunting animals which blend well into the foliage/vegetation/tundra. You will have to tune the Thermal menu selections for the difference in the environment and conditions between day and night. I have had mine for a month and a half and my biggest take away is Thermal changes the way you look at everything.

Everything else - like whether to get an external power supply and all the other menu selections in the scope can wait till you get it.

We'll talk about the One Shot Zero once you have the scope. Heads up for that, you'll want a standard one inch grid sight in target of about 18" x 20", ice cubes, some cheap baggies and some sticky tape. Note: Ice cubes are reactive targets when viewed thru thermal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went on the 640.  

Thanks Barliman!

I use the red hot to preserve night vision.   Also new firmware has NUC with the double tap on power button
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Barliman, seen the 4.5x 384 unit on sale lately?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Barliman, seen the 4.5x 384 unit on sale lately?
View Quote
No, but I am keeping my eye on Dvor.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 3:16:11 AM EDT
[#33]
any way to change the zoom rate so I don't have to wait forever to go from 1x to 10x?  Kind of ridiculous to go in .1x increments
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Dvor.com has a sale for the next 4+ days on FIVE of the ATN ThOR-HD thermal riflescopes.

Note: This prices are not as much of a percentage discount as previous sales.

ThOR-HD 384 -- 1.25 - 5X -- 19mm lens --  $ 1,749.00 which is $ 187.45 off list (10% savings)
ThOR-HD 384 -- 2 - 8X -- 25mm lens --  $ 2,299.00 which is $ 400 off list (15% savings)
ThOR-HD 384 -- 4.5 - 18X -- 50mm lens --  $ 2,919.00 which is $ 580 off list (17% savings)
ThOR-HD 384 -- 9 - 36X -- 100mm lens --  $ 3,749.00 which is $ 750 off list (17% savings)
ThOR-HD 640 -- 1.5 - 15X -- 25mm lens --  $ 3,699.00 which is $ 800 off of list (18% savings)

Sale ends Tuesday at 1 AM EST, scopes ship in 1 - 3 weeks BUT it has also meant as little as two days for some folks in previous sales so be ready for it to hit your credit card!
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Got mine today and love it! Anyone know when they'll have the Bluetooth functional?

Link Posted: 12/15/2016 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Got mine today and love it! Anyone know when they'll have the Bluetooth functional?
View Quote

I think they are going to use the bluetooth to link them to their new range finders.  So you can get range and have it auto adjust for you using the ballistic calculator.

If you want to control the scope with your phone you have to use the wifi link.  It will eat batteries though.  I highly recommend an external battery pack.  You don't have to use the one that ATN sells but it comes with a nice rubber cap, right angle usb connector and a stock pouch
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I bought a new 90 degree cable with a cap for $19.95 on Ebay. It seems to work nicely with each of the Power Banks that I already own. I will likely mount the Power Banks with industrial Velcro to my AR stock
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Seriously considering blowing the budget on the ThOR-HD 384 2-8X

Is this a good magnification choice for 100-300 yard fields in south Georgia?  Would the 1.25-5X be OK for 100-300 yards?

Host rifles will be ARs, bolt 308s, and FALs (hey, it's me).
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Seriously considering blowing the budget on the ThOR-HD 384 2-8X

Is this a good magnification choice for 100-300 yard fields in south Georgia?  Would the 1.25-5X be OK for 100-300 yards?

Host rifles will be ARs, bolt 308s, and FALs (hey, it's me).
View Quote

I have the ThOR-HD 384 2-8X  - what will you be hunting at those distances?

I'm thinking the 1.25-5X will be a little less than you need when you get out to 300 yards ... but the 2-8X could be less too if you're planning on shooting small varmints at 300 yards.

The warranty covers up through .308 recoil
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Hogs and coyotes only.

I appreciate your help.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hogs and coyotes only.

I appreciate your help.
View Quote

This is part of a screen capture from a video I shot yesterday. I don't have anything showing a hog or coyote at 300 yards but I'm putting this in because I know distances to landmark points.

No problem. The fence post just to the left and above the blue dot is pretty close to being dead on 300 yards from where I was standing when I shot the video. The tree just to the left of it across the road ranges at 320 yards.

The temperature when I took this was 9 degrees, there is snow on the ground and the sky was clear. The magnification was at the base 2.0

I think a good sized hog at 300 yards is no problem. A shot at a coyote is also doable but presumes there are no neighbor's dogs that might be loose because at 300 yards you won't be able to ID the target as definitely coyote versus dog.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:12:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Many thanks Barliman!

You are tempting me to switch to the 1.25-5 though, as that looks pretty impressive for 2X at 300 yards.  But since the scope has profiles I *REALLY* want the QD the 2-8 has.

Coyotes are the exception for us, mostly we hunt hogs.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:18:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Many thanks Barliman!

You are tempting me to switch to the 1.25-5 though, as that looks pretty impressive for 2X at 300 yards.  But since the scope has profiles I *REALLY* want the QD the 2-8 has.

Coyotes are the exception for us, mostly we hunt hogs.
View Quote

You may be leading yourself into a trap with your thinking about a 1.25-5.  You can't equate what you see in a thermal image from a 2X base magnification as equating to what you will see in 1.25X base magnification only smaller.

You are also trading off the number of pixels which will be resolved to form the image.

Thermal scopes are processing thermal energy given off by the objects in your view - the 19 mm lens will gather less thermal energy for the 1.25-5X than the 25mm lens gathers for the 2-8X.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#44]

Yeah I think I have talked myself into the 2-8x.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Two deer at 325yds with magnification at 1.25x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzD5-FQwFU4
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#46]

I fent on the 2-8x

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I fent on the 2-8x
View Quote

Good decision!
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Hey Barliman! Do you have any good profiles for the Thor HD 2X8, using a 22LR in a 16" AR using a conversion kit? If so, could you email it to me?

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hey Barliman! Do you have any good profiles for the Thor HD 2X8, using a 22LR in a 16" AR using a conversion kit? If so, could you email it to me?
View Quote

Short answer: no

Long answer: There are so many variables that would be different between two rifles by the same manufacturer that a profile for one would be poor starting point for the second one even using the same box of ammo.  My experience is my 2-8X with a Midwest Industries QD mount holds zero when mounted/dismounted or after a "Restore Factory Settings" by just re-entering the zero coordinates on the same rifle.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Two deer at 325yds with magnification at 1.25x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzD5-FQwFU4
View Quote

Thanks for sharing Caver.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top