Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2016 6:30:53 PM EDT
Title pretty much says it all. I recognize the differences or at least some of them- but is there any reason to get a factory N.E. Over say an Omni or itt Tnvc build? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Title pretty much says it all. I recognize the differences or at least some of them- but is there any reason to get a factory N.E. Over say an Omni or itt Tnvc build? Thanks
View Quote

The people to ask would be TNVC themselves, as the sell both - I'm sure they can tell you the differences. The main difference that I'm aware of is the warranty - TNVC would warranty their own product, while NE would have a factory warranty.

A hand-build is usually better than a factory build, but TNVC usually check their NE's anyway, so it's not as much of a difference.

I guess the final point then is specs - If you need a certain spec, or want to try something like WP, then a hand build is the way to go.

Also, a hand build can come in camo or tan, rather than black.

Both are good choices - it just comes down to which nuances suit you - but nothing lost to call TNVC on the phone and ask the question, since I make be incorrect in my assumptions also.  They are good people to talk to -

David.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#2]
A factory build could have a better resale value should that ever be a concern.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one of each and there is no quality difference between the two. In addition to those previously replies, there is also a cost premium with a NE. You have more color options with a TNVC unit, and you can put the cost saving toward that or some other NV accessories.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]
A Night enforcer will have a ITT tube while the TNVC house build uses L3 tubes. I simply think L3 is building the better tube right now. I would get the TNVC build over the enforcer. Better min specs and less blemishes.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#5]
TNVC would say the L3 tubes they get today are higher in quality; something may have happened to the Pinnacle line.  In 2012, yes, the ITT was very viable.  Go the L3 tube today.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A Night enforcer will have a ITT tube while the TNVC house build uses L3 tubes. I simply think L3 is building the better tube right now. I would get the TNVC build over the enforcer. Better min specs and less blemishes.
View Quote

They build with both ITT tubes or L3 tubes. It's up to the customer to pick which manufacturer for a tube they want.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
TNVC would say the L3 tubes they get today are higher in quality; something may have happened to the Pinnacle line.  In 2012, yes, the ITT was very viable.  Go the L3 tube today.
View Quote

When you layoff all your engineers bad things happen.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They build with both ITT tubes or L3 tubes. It's up to the customer to pick which manufacturer for a tube they want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I well know what they build. L3 tubes is their # 1 seller. That is not an accident. I was a HUGE ITT man. L3 has been kicking ITT in the ass for a few years now.

It may not be said in public. I can assure you behind the scenes it is common talk. Many night vision dealers have a responsibility to all their vendors. L3 is # 1 from what I see and hear
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Guys for the replies and information. Always learn a ton from yall.   I am going with L3 Omni.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What sort of warranty does Eotech (L3) offer on their units?
View Quote

No idea on their PVS-14's from the factory, but TNVC's are 5 year tube and assembly... Can one buy a factory L3 pvs14???
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No idea on their PVS-14's from the factory, but TNVC's are 5 year tube and assembly... Can one buy a factory L3 pvs14???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What sort of warranty does Eotech (L3) offer on their units?

They build milspec units for the military. They don't have a line like the night enforcer I am aware of (could be wrong).
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 5:22:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I well know what they build. L3 tubes is their # 1 seller. That is not an accident. I was a HUGE ITT man. L3 has been kicking ITT in the ass for a few years now.

It may not be said in public. I can assure you behind the scenes it is common talk. Many night vision dealers have a responsibility to all their vendors. L3 is # 1 from what I see and hear
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Curse my dyslexic brain... I thought you said something else there... I was about to ask if you had any pics of the L3 saleswoman before I re-read what you wrote.

Anyway, ITT went in a different direction. Harris saw night vision as a path to sell more radios ( eg, SENVG ) - so they didn't see the value ITT had in the Night Vision business and destroyed their brand. They still sell stuff - but it's a shadow of what it used to be. L3 has now taken their spot and there is no one below them of note.

Regards

David
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:12:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Whatever happened with Eotech/L3's deal re: lying about their products on the gubmint contracts and then the buy back deal? I couldn't get any of their folks at Shot to talk about it this year. Did they get a fine or anything?

View Quote

I think I read they got fined 28 million. Not sure of the exact figure but it is close. That is on top of all the warranty claims. I am a Aimpoint guy so never really affected me but that is what I read. I also read all RDS are affected by temperature shift to some degree or another. Not sure how much faith I put in that as it was released by Eotech on the paper I read. My Aimpoint hits what I point it at so I have no issues.

I liked Eotechs but my eyes saw a bunch of red dots. Not real sure why but my Aimpoint does not do that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think I read they got fined 28 million. Not sure of the exact figure but it is close. That is on top of all the warranty claims. I am a Aimpoint guy so never really affected me but that is what I read. I also read all RDS are affected by temperature shift to some degree or another. Not sure how much faith I put in that as it was released by Eotech on the paper I read. My Aimpoint hits what I point it at so I have no issues.

I liked Eotechs but my eyes saw a bunch of red dots. Not real sure why but my Aimpoint does not do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever happened with Eotech/L3's deal re: lying about their products on the gubmint contracts and then the buy back deal? I couldn't get any of their folks at Shot to talk about it this year. Did they get a fine or anything?

I think it's the difference between a laser and a LED. I never liked the laser reticle in the Eotech, it's made up of a bunch of tiny red dots and always looked blurry to me. I really like the solid red LED dot in the Aimpoint, and being able to leave it on for more than 5 years before the battery goes dead is kinda nice too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#21]
TNVC guys,

Can you post a link to the white paper showing newest l3 images?  Everything I've seen in the past shows l3 tubes producing darker images than high spec pinnacle tubes.

Thanks much,

-Freq
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:09:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top