BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2016 7:56:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#2]
That sucks.

I hate - hate - hate airsoft gear. I also hate it more when people try and pass gear off as real, when its clearly airsoft gear.

We have a local NVG facebook group and I traded someone a spare Ops Core Bump with the Rhino Mount and MS-2000 strobe for his "Norotos INVG" mount, which he advertised as being the real deal.
Once I got it, something about how it pivoted and adjusted didn't seem quite right.. I went on the TNVC website, as well as a few other screenshot threads on ARFCOM and TOS, and notice there were a few differences. The types of screws, nuts, reflection or what I could identify as being a different material perhaps, text for the logo/model/serial etc. I went on an airsoft website after a quick google search and found the exact knock off "Norotos INVG" mount with the exact, word-for-word logo and serial number. I took a photo of it and sent it to my trader and he reluctantly agreed to meet up and exchange back. I was lucky. Afterwards, I actually sincerely believe he didn't know it was fake, given that he was willing to trade it back, but still. Easy to get burned if you dont know what to look for. I learned the hard way.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:57:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats why you pony up for new when buying armor
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This. It's lIke buying used underwear.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
and buy from TNVC

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:11:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Yikes!!

Don't trust that to be anything better than a heavy bump helmet!

But I can understand wanting to replace a PASGT helmet.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:31:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe ebay offers buyers protection for 30 days. If it was advertised as an ops-core you could file a claim. It looks like the seller, or someone really put some effort into making it look "authentic".

As others have suggested, always buy ppe from reputable dealers like TNVC.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#11]
That sucks....
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#12]
The listing description says it's a CVC helmet that's been made to look like a spec-ops SOHAH helmet with Ops-core rails, etc.

Even though it says it's a CVC conversion, it's probably an FMA airsoft helmet thats been converted, as you suspected. Most likely delaminating because it was cut by whoever did the "conversion".

Bottom line, I'd return it and buy a real one from a reliable source.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Good to hear, glad it all worked out for you.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:31:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Someone should report that seller.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

For...it never claimed to be an ops core helmet as far as I can tell. Claimed to be a Kevlar helmet... Which it is.... Albeit a shitty one.

My legit ops core has the OC logo embossed down into the inside on the helmet. Haven't seen that on the fakes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:27:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Good to hear you are getting a refund and getting it taken care of. I agree with what the other posters have said, it's a conversion helmet.

Some are CVC's (easily identified by the high cut U-shaped portion under where the rails are), and others are modded kevlar helmets from a variety of manufacturers. I had an old ACH that I did a high-cut conversion on, for a training helmet. I cut the helmet with a special laminate cutting blade and ended up using a LOT of epoxy to seal the cut edges. Added ARCs and a shroud. For a training helmet and NVG platform it works great, but it isn't my ballistic helmet that I use in real life threat situations. On conversions like that, people with often use bondo or other body fillers to profile the helmet to the rails - NOT a good deal, especially on something advertised as ballistic. I simply used epoxy to seal the cut kevlar (did not reprofile) and I never expect to be downrange with that ACH - it's a bump helmet to me.

That cracking looks typical of a bad sealing job. Something like bondo or another weird edge seal or finish. Definitely should not in any way ever crack like that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Bama, glad to hear you are getting a refund. Be sure to keep track of tracking number for shipping it back and documentation so they can't claim you never shipped it back. When you get your money back put it towards a setup from TNVC or some other reliable vendor. The only issue I have dealt with buying from TNVC is that they take a few weeks to source a order, but I know the gear is legit and backed up by them if there is a problem with it. Good luck moving forward and hope you find a good helmet.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

For...it never claimed to be an ops core helmet as far as I can tell. Claimed to be a Kevlar helmet... Which it is.... Albeit a shitty one.

My legit ops core has the OC logo embossed down into the inside on the helmet. Haven't seen that on the fakes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The airsoft helmet is Kevlar? News to me... I don't think it's an actual CVC.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:16:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Dang!  Less that $350 for a ballistic Ops-Core helmet would be bragging material for years to come!

Glad it worked out for you, Bama.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#28]
There are two things I don't buy off eBay or amazon.

1) Firearms accessories - 9 times out of 10 you will be sold the airsoft replica version. Always buy from reputable dealers.
2) Electronic accessories - I once tried to buy a life proof case for my phone. After 3 failed attempts I went to best buy and paid full price for the real deal. Had the same happen with Bose ear buds and a few other items.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Refund received.
View Quote

In late to the party
https://tnvc.com/shop/revision-batlskin-viper-a1-achmich-high-cut-copy/

Cost you a little more to add rails and NOD mount but like many things you got to have a solid base to build on and anything TNVC sells is solid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top