Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice video for sure, enjoyed watching it and makes me appreciate how great it is to live out on the perimeter in the woods with zero traffic!
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice video for sure, enjoyed watching it and makes me appreciate how great it is to live out on the perimeter in the woods with zero traffic!
View Quote

I dream about having as much woods around me as you do, but work keeps me in the city.

I've got plenty of predators around me though, but they're all 2 legged.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I dream about having as much woods around me as you do, but work keeps me in the city.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear ya! Best move I ever made in my life was onto my own land with no extraneous two legged predators for miles!
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice job !
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:23:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, I'm glad you're enjoying following along with my project.

First field test of the panning system was a success.  Unfortunately I was too caught up in watching it cautiously walk in that I didn't end up with time to get to a spot to make a shot before it wandered off......

The camera was setup on top of the feeder and I was positioned about 200 yards away.  I may need to rethink not having a tilt mechanism as once the animals went under the feeder I could no longer see them.  This vantage point did allow me to see animals approaching from different directions than I could from where I was actually sitting.

Speed is 4x real time to keep you from being bored watching a very cautious hog walk in.  While the servo does make a slight noise, it didn't seem to spook the hog or the deer that came around.....

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent! No problem with positive ID there.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top