[#1]

Far right pic...
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of the engineers dropped by the other day to show off and discuss their green visible laser.  It is shockingly bright... and they use a number of techniques and technologies to produce a brighter and cleaner beam than their competition.

Short Video

Picture

https://scontent-ord1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/13257136_352842128173512_38939141_n.jpg

The MAWL smokes the competition in clearly in terms of ergonomics, design... but thanks to BEM's history of producing lasers for the military since early 90s (before it was cool, LOL), it also smokes everyone else in terms of laser beam quality, waterproofing, shock, temperature stability and vibration durability.

I've known about the MAWL's for about a year and have to keep mum about it.  I'm careful to still say things about it that are general/public knowledge.
View Quote

I am in awe of the engineering and production talent the MAWL-DA represents. I've always found an excuse not to buy any of the current crop of Class 3 laser units (too high off the rail, too bulky, odd beam pattern, etc) but the MAWL is really getting inside my head...
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am in awe of the engineering and production talent the MAWL-DA represents. I've always found an excuse not to buy any of the current crop of Class 3 laser units (too high off the rail, too bulky, odd beam pattern, etc) but the MAWL is really getting inside my head...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of the engineers dropped by the other day to show off and discuss their green visible laser.  It is shockingly bright... and they use a number of techniques and technologies to produce a brighter and cleaner beam than their competition.

Short Video

Picture

https://scontent-ord1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/13257136_352842128173512_38939141_n.jpg

The MAWL smokes the competition in clearly in terms of ergonomics, design... but thanks to BEM's history of producing lasers for the military since early 90s (before it was cool, LOL), it also smokes everyone else in terms of laser beam quality, waterproofing, shock, temperature stability and vibration durability.

I've known about the MAWL's for about a year and have to keep mum about it.  I'm careful to still say things about it that are general/public knowledge.

If the price is right, I'm feeling the same way. I demoed an atpial-c 2 years ago and it was leaps and bounds ahead of my bdal i2. I thought there is no way it could get any better than this thing. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#5]
So much want. Waiting for the civi version is really going to suck
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 2:57:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So much want. Waiting for the civi version is really going to suck
View Quote

How far off could it really be?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Probably a while, SOCOM will probably snag all of them for a bit, than normal units, than LEOs.
It may be a bit before BE Meyers can meet the initial non-civilIan demand...and then they can focus on civi production.
But I really have no clue.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope they dont price themselves out of the market.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Badass.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#11]

That is slicker than snot.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Probably a while, SOCOM will probably snag all of them for a bit, than normal units, than LEOs.
It may be a bit before BE Meyers can meet the initial non-civilIan demand...and then they can focus on civi production.
But I really have no clue.
View Quote

Conventional ("normal") units will most likely never see these, or if they do, not for many years and/or without significant modifications.  

The current budgetary and operational realities are that you're not going to see units buying these COTS, meaning that they would have to go through a whole procurement process including RFPs and there would have to be a competition where everyone and their grandmother would be invited to submit their own "version" for comparison, and it would have to meet a set of "specs."  

~Augee
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#13]
edit
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#14]
OK I officially want it now...
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
edit
View Quote

Welp, too expensive for me.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 1:47:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
edit

yeah thats not going to get any traction with the civ market at that price.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, waiting for the dbal-a4 it is.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
eidt

It's most of the way to another NOD.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
edit

Since Im guessing itll probably be a year or two before it makes it to the civ market, I'll have plenty of time to save and probably buy or build another 14 in the mean time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Yup, at that price I'd rather upgrade to duals from a PVS-14 than get another laser
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#21]
But the real lasers are usually way more than the civy ones.. Like a real aptial is like $2500 and the civy is $1200 so maybe it's like that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
But the real lasers are usually way more than the civy ones.. Like a real aptial is like $2500 and the civy is $1200 so maybe it's like that.
View Quote

Fingers crossed.

I MIGHT be able to pull together as much as $1500. Maybe.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#23]
When I can snag a sale DBAL A3 for under 1k, they have to be smoking sweaty balls to think anyone spending their own money would fork over that much.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:37:05 AM EDT
[#24]
This needs to happen!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
When I can snag a sale DBAL A3 for under 1k, they have to be smoking sweaty balls to think anyone spending their own money would fork over that much.

View Quote

Tax payer dollars....
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
OK I officially want it now...
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
edit
View Quote

ughh!  missed before the edit  Still want - maybe
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top