Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm just about to pull the trigger on a Reap-IR.  My last question is about its clip on capabilities.   The literature has it pictured in front of a variable powered scope, and lists that there are several clip on save settings.   Yet, the optic is not colimated, so how does this work?  I had a sales rep tell me that it will really only work in front of an unmagnified red dot, and that he would only trust it to 100 yards or so in that capacity.   Can anyone clarify this for me?   Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey Tyler, I'm really diggin' my REAP-IR and the great clarity of the picture!

I had it out the other afternoon in the smoke of the current California forest fire where visibility was limited to about 3 miles ( with the naked eye I literally could not see a 5,000 foot high mountain that was around 6 - 7 miles away ) but through the REAP-IR it was as visible as a bright sunny day.  I spotted a deer later after dark and ranged it, using the ranging feature, at 103 yards.  This thing is great!

But I'm still having trouble figuring out the video set-up that came with it.  I sent you an e-mail on it with a couple of questions, when you get a chance can you shoot me back an answer?

Thanks!
The MULE
View Quote

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyler-
Glad you were able to get away for some down time last week.
Thanks for getting back to me with the e-mail.
I'll be getting the stuff you mentioned soon.
Thanks!
The MULE

----------------------------
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top